𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Earlier

It was nearly midnight when she found out about Y/n arriving in Underland—the Red Queen, that is. She knew that Y/n would surface to this world eventually—well, almost everyone did. 

The Oraculum, a scroll that foretells the future, had prophecized that indeed, a young woman by the name of Choi Y/n would enter Underland and slay the Jabberwocky, seeing as the first girl was unable to do so.

Therefore, Son Hyejoo, the most ruthless woman in Underland, was fully informed that one day Y/n would arrive—it just so happened to be this day, and the queen was unaware of her surprise arrival.

As the Red Queen sat on her velvet throne in silence, the large doors in front of her flew open, crashing against the stone walls, sending a thunderous boom throughout the room, echoing to every corner. 

The queen's eyes shot up from the floor, glaring at the person in front of her. A tall man with a bushy mustache stood before her, his green eyes spread wide as his chest moved up and down from his aggressive breathing.

"Y-your Majesty—"

"What is it!?" The queen spat as she stood up from her throne, red in the face from anger. The man jumped back in fear, his legs quivering as the queen stepped closer to him.

"Sh-She's here Your Highness," he choked out, now anxiously biting his bottom lip. The queen gave him a puzzled look, confused as to who "she" was.

"Go on!" She ordered, making the poor servant in front of her twitch again. He cleared his throat before nervously opening his mouth to speak, knowing that the queen wasn't going to be happy about his announcement.

"Choi Y/n is here—"

"Right now?" 

"Y-yes Your Majesty, Choi Y/n is here—as in, the Choi Y/n who is prophesized to slay—"

"I know who she is, idiot!" The queen fumed, her face growing a deeper shade of red. She walked away from her servant and began pacing up and down the corridor, biting on her freshly painted nails. 

Damn you, Y/n...

The Red Queen halted in her tracks before looking up from the ground and turning towards the man with the mustache. She lifted her right hand and pointed at him, her mouth slightly agape as an idea came across her mind. She smiled, now making her way closer to him as he backed away fearfully.

"Servant," she started, earning a quiet yelp from the man. "I need you to bring me Time," she explained, making the servant's eyebrows furrow.

"Time?" He gulped, the queen nodding in response.

"Yes, go to the clock realm and bring her here," she replied harshly. 

He let out another yell before aggressively bowing and exiting the room, leaving the queen alone with boiling blood.

"She'll know what to do, she can help me," Hyejoo muttered to herself while tapping her chin with her index finger. She looked up and scoffed as she made her way back to her throne.

"Now, I must deal with the Y/n situation..."

The Red Queen thought for a second before coming up with the simplest conclusion—find Y/n and imprison her, not killing her just yet. Then, she would wait for Time to arrive and take care of the problem.

Time and The Red Queen weren't considered enemies, but they weren't considered friends either. They were solely acquaintances.

Time's name is self-explanatory. She controls time, and she can travel through it, but she can not change it. As she would always say, "you can't change the past, but you can learn from it."