𝐭𝐰𝐨

"So Yeojin," I said as we continued to walk down the path lined with giant talking flowers and peculiar creatures. "How long have you been in Wonderland?"

The petit girl exhaled as she began to recall her years spent in Wonderland. "Five years... I think?" She replied in an uncertain tone, staring up at the massive plants surrounding us.

I didn't respond, I just nodded my head understandingly.

"Although," she began, "I definitely had a harder time entering Wonderland compared to you." 

I cocked my head to the side. "How so?" I asked, curious about her story.

"Well," she started, "For starters, the door wasn't unlocked when I arrived. On top of that, the door was about the size of a rabbit, so I had to drink a potion labelled DRINK ME  in order to shrink."

"You shrunk?" I asked.

"Yes, but that's not all." She explained. "When I shrunk I realized the key to the door was still up on the table, and now I was too small to reach it."

I nodded my head once again and continued to listen.

"So, then a cake appeared labelled EAT ME. I ate the cake, and it made me grow — a lot. As a matter of fact, my head touched the ceiling"

"That's nonsense!" I interrupted, throwing my hands up into the air.

"Ah that's what I thought too at the time," she responded with a soft smirk. 

"Anyway," she continued, "I ate the cake a grew way too big — so, I drank the potion with the key in my hand this time, and finally, I was able to unlock the door."

"Wow, I really did have it easy." I pointed out, earning an agreeing smile from Yeojin.

"Do you..." I trailed off, debating if I should ask the question or not. "Do you miss home?" I continued cautiously. Yeojin turned her head to face me and squinted her eyes in thought.

"Sometimes," she started, now looking back down at the ground. "I can't say I miss my family, seeing as I'm an only child—"

"Oh, same!" I interrupted with a grin. Yeojin's eyes lit up as if our connection ignited a spark within her. 

"Really?" She questioned, a soft smile spreading across her face. I hummed in response and her smile grew wider. I was shocked that such a small resemblance would excite her to this extent, but I guess she doesn't have anybody in Wonderland to fully connect with, so our bond must have uplifted her.

"It's really nice to have you here Y/n. I've been waiting for someone from up there to join me down here, and when you finally came—I've never felt so happy."

I laughed. "I'm glad to hear that. I'm quite thrilled to be here myself—even though I have no clue what's going on."

Yeojin also let out a chuckle. "It's completely fine to be confused—I was too at first. But you must know that Wonderland is in your hands now. You have to slay Sooyoung in order to save us."

"Sooyoung?" I questioned.

"Oh... I guess we haven't actually told you about the Jabberwocky yet," Yeojin started. "The Jabberwocky is a dragon-human hybrid. Her name is Ha Sooyoung—she lives with The Red Queen as a human, but can take dragon form when in battle."

I gave Yeojin a baffled look, only for her to shake her head.

"Once again," she advised, "We know this is hard for you to take in—just trust us, please."

This time I could tell how serious she was. Perhaps it was the slight glisten in her eyes that made my heart shatter into a thousand pieces—or maybe it was her voice quivering when she said those last words. Either way, I wanted to help them—I wanted to help her. There was something about her that made me feel a certain way... Not love, no. Sympathy. I felt terrible for her. It could be the fact that we're both stuck in this world when we belong up above.