Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bleeding on the Brain

If I'd thought going back to Earth would've been easier than going to Tir na nOg for the first time, well I was a total idiot

If I'd thought going back to Earth would've been easier than going to Tir na nOg for the first time, well I was a total idiot.  Because currently I'm hugging the porcelain God and wishing for death.
   "Gooooo awayyyysss..." I hiss at Walker, as I hug the toilet.  "And I know you're there Chamuel, I definitely want you to go away! I hate you."
   "You do not hate me, my amour."
   "I do! That was absolutely awful.  Shouldn't it have been easier?" I ask, as I spit out some more bile.  Oh Jesus, it's like something died in my mouth.  I feel absolutely disgusting.
   "It will become easier the more often you portal back and forth, my beloved," Chamuel says.
   "Well this was shit.  And definitely NOT easier, you jerk."
   "It was just your second time portaling, my beloved."
   "Gooooo away, I mean it.  The both of you, go away.  I feel like shit, and my mouth tastes like ass and I'm sure smells like it too."  I feel Walker gently pull my long hair away from my face.
   "We're not going anywhere, Annora darling girl.  We're here to stay.  When will you get that through your thick stubborn skull?"
   "I don't want you to see me like this."
   "Well, tough shit."  Walker snaps.
   I swallow and take a few deep breaths.  "I...I think I'm better now," I stand shakily up to my feet.  "Uhhhh, I know this is a weird request, but do you have a spare toothbrush and toothpaste I could use, Walker?"
   Walker laughs.  "Nothing strange about that.  I actually do.  And if I didn't, I'd make you anything you want, my darling girl."  Walker opens up the top drawer to the sink and pulls out a new toothbrush.
I quickly open the package, squirt on the toothpaste and begin to furiously brush my teeth.  Ugh.  I still feel disgusting, like someone took my stomach and stirred it in a blender, but at least my mouth doesn't taste like ass anymore.
   "Better, darling girl?"
   "Somewhat," I mutter. I take a deep breath.  "Okay, so I need to go back to my apartment guys, and I need to call Garrett.  NO. NO. You do not get to go all caveman on me you guys, and stop the fucking growling.  I have no interest in Garrett.  But he is still my partner.  And he's probably worried about me.  Then after we talk I really need to go to the precinct and talk to my Captain.  God.  There's just so much to do."
   "We can come—"
   I shake my head.  "No, Chamuel.  I need to do this on my own."
   "No, Annora darling girl.  You do not get to 'do this on your own,' as you say.  We are part of this now, whether you like it or not."
   "Listen, I don't have the energy to argue with you right now.  I'm going to my apartment.  And you're both going to stay here or ELSE!"
   "Or else what?" Walker snaps.
   "Or else I'm never completing the bond with you, you jackasses!"
I smile when that shuts them both up.

   "Or else I'm never completing the bond with you, you jackasses!"    I smile when that shuts them both up