Chapter Forty-Three: Madness, Missing and Mutual Acquaintance

My phone rings and without even looking at the screen, I answer in my usual charming manner, "Parks here. Oh hey, Garrett. Really, you do. Okay, that's great. You're still stuck over there. Okay, okay, got it." I disconnect and turn to my guys. "That was Garrett, he's got a list for me, I mean, for us, and needs me to go to the station to check it out." I eye the warily. "Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea if you all go with me."
"We're not staying here," Terrenel says casting a quick dirty look over at Branuel Or De A'lanuel.
"No, where you go, so too shall we," Branuel adds.
I sigh. And look at Walker and Chamuel.
"Don't look at me, baby girl. Never thought I'd agree with anything frick and frack said, but I'm kinda with them. Where you go, we go." Walker says with a goofy grin.
"I do believe the majority has spoken," Chamuel says softly.
"Jesus." I snap. "Fine, fine, you're all coming along. But listen, I mean it...BEHAVE! If you can't behave I'll kick you to the curb faster than you can fucking blink, do you understand?" After they all nod, I make a disgusted sound deep in my throat and nod as well. "Fine, off to the station we go."

   "Hey Ann," Garrett gives me a tentative smile which I answer with one of my own

   "Hey Garrett, how's it hanging.  You've been here for a while."
   Garrett nods toward his desk which is actually facing mine.  Both desks are piled with papers and folders.  "As you can see...gotta take care of a little business."
   I sigh.  "Sorry, Garrett.  I didn't realize we had this much backed up..."
   He look past me at my guys and smiles another small smile.  "That's okay...you've uh, kinda had a lot on your plate."
   I snort.  "That's one way to put it."
   "Anyone give you grief?"
   And I knew he was referring to our fellow officers and their reactions to having two Fairies in the station.  I shrug.  "We've gotten a lot of looks, but no one has said anything."
   Garrett laughs then.  "They wouldn't dare, right? You'd rip out their tongues."
   "You better believe it." And I laugh with him.  I quickly turn somber though and sigh.  "So, you have that list for me."  Garrett nods and we all walk over to his desk.  He retrieves a piece of paper and hands it to me.  I look down and frown.  "This is a lot of names..."
   "Yeah, you gonna tell me what this is about, Ann?"
   "Sit, and I'll fill you in."
   He sits, and I begin.

"   He sits, and I begin