Prologue.

Prologue.

Edited:

*** Thomas P.O.V ***

*

*

*

'Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become'

Steven Jobs.

******

"Oh god, oh god," I mumbled to myself, pacing my bedroom floor continuously.

My twin brother, Timothy, walked in at that exact moment and looked at me, shook his head and laid down onto my bed.

I gave him a confused look and he only shrugged, telling me to go on with what I was doing.

"What am I gonna do?" I whispered to myself, my pacing speeding up and I couldn't help pulling at my hair. It was a bad habit that I really needed to try and stop.

"What are you bloody muttering about?" Timothy asked, he had an exasperated look on his face, and when I said nothing he sighed and went up to lean on his elbows.

"I'm just... Confused." Timothy stood from my bed this time and placed his hands on my shoulders, stopping my pacing.

"Why are you confused?" He sat me down on the bed, then sat down next to me.

"I just, don't know what to do. I want my mate, I want everything that comes with it now that we're eighteen, and now our parents know I'm gay and accept me, I want my Mate to do the same. But what if he doesn't? What if he's a homophobe or something like that?"

Timothy sighed, again, didn't say anything and instead pulled me into him. My head rested on his shoulder and I wanted to cry, to scream out my frustrations, but I didn't think my twin brother would appreciate me making him deaf.

"You'll find him, and if he doesn't want you then you will go out and find somebody who does want you," Timothy pulled away and tucked a stand of my black shoulder length hair behind my ear, "you don't need to be scared."

"But... What if nobody ever wants to be with me?" My brother shook his head sadly, but said nothing and only hugged me again.

"They will. They will," he stroked my back gently and pulled away again.

"Now come on, we gotta go."

"Where are we going?" Timothy, clearly annoyed, made a point of looking at my clothes, and when I looked I remembered I was wearing a tux.

"Oh," I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and had to hold in the tears that still wanted to fall.

We were going to our parents renewal of their vowels.

"Come on then!" He pulled himself up, and then pulled me up after.

"I'm coming," my tears dried up and instead I laughed.

"Okay, good," he left the room and I calmed myself down fully, following after him.

I walked down the stairs, avoiding people along the way. Everyone was rushing around, shouting orders and what not. It was exactly like how our parents described it. The first time our parents got married, it was when our mum was pregnant with me and Timothy.

And that was more than 18 yeas ago. Now that me and Timothy were old enough, and so was Evangeline, we could all remember it, well and be alive to see it.

"Are you ready?" I knocked on my sisters door and she opened it, her hair was half done but her make-up was perfect, and so was her dress. She really was gorgeous and she was my little sister. I wouldn't let just anyone be her Mate.

"Nearly," she walked into her room and left the door open for me to see, "come in."

I walked into her dark room, the only light was coming from the light around her mirror. Her curtains were black out ones meaning no lights could escape and I wondered how she could see.

"Do you want me to do anything?" I asked nervously.

"Yes!" She got up quickly and pulled me over to the chair, sitting back down and asking me to French plat her hair.

Yes, I could French plat. It was the only thing I was good at as I couldn't practice on anyone's hair.

It took me less that 10 minutes to have it done and perfect and Eve thanked me many times for doing so.

"Ready?" Timothy asked from the doorway, I hadn't noticed he was there and jumped from the shock.

"Yes," me and Eve said in unison, she walked out of the room once putting on her heels and I followed.

Timothy followed after me and we all came out to find people still running all over the place.

"Dad?" I called when we reached the hallway that had many rooms coming from it.

"What is it son?" He was looking around the kitchen for something and when he found it, he held it up and yelled 'ah ha!'

"What?" The three of us yelled suddenly, making our father scream from fright and us to burst out laughing.

"You lot trying to give me a heart attack?" He asked, leaning against the counter with his hand pressed to his chest.

"Yes," the three of us chortled.

"Too bad," he stuck his tongue out and we all laughed more. Our dad was such a child.

"They're gorgeous," my sister murmured when she looked at the new rings our dad had gotten.

Our mum was a very spoilt man.

Yes, man.

We called our mum, mum, because he's the one that got pregnant with us.

And dad was the sperm donor, so it fits.

"Let's go!" Our dad finally said, ushering us out of the kitchen and into the back garden.

They did their vowels in the back garden this time, instead of where they had the first time. It was their special place in the woods, where our mum learnt to control his powers and our dad got our mum to start to be okay again.

It all finished with an evening of food, drinks and music out in the woods.

Our mum was in tears most of the night from our dad being sweet. It was funny, in a very cute way.

"Congrats mom," I hugged him tightly and he told me to get to sleep as it was extremely late and just because our parents renewed their vowels it didn't mean we got out of getting our stuff for college, or Evangeline, school.