Survival of the Hottest

*Long chapter guys! I apologize if this chapter isn't as good as the others.*

Word Count: 4738
Warnings: Mild Swear Words

Third Person POV

"Why does life hate me so much?"

"Y/N, stop being overdramatic. Just because there's a heatwave going on, that doesn't mean life is trying to bite you in the butt" Beck groans.

"I beg to differ!" The male yelled, slamming face-first into the table, earning an eye roll from the Elvis look alike.

The others at the table blatantly ignored the poor man, having conversations that they dubbed more important.

"Robbie, what's the temperature now?" Tori asked, fanning herself.

"Well, according to my pear pad." He tapped the large screen. "Here in Hollywood, it is 103 degrees." Groans emitted from everyone as they heard the high number.

"My arms feel like warm, wet, ham," Tori whined as she ran her hand up and down her arm. Y/N, along with Beck, giggled quietly, finding her assertion weirdly random.

"Hi!" Y/N stiffened, recognizing the high pitched voice. Though it lacked the excitement that it seemed to have always had.

"Cat...Please, I beg you. Just one day... it's too hot, please!" The boy pleaded, though his words went through one ear and out the other as he felt warm arms wrap around his neck, adding to the heat he was already experiencing.

"I'm really hot, but I'm still in a good mood." Cat stated, nudging her cheek with the male's hair.

"I can tell." Y/N sighed, giving up on ever hoping to feel freedom again.

"Robbie, you done with that water?" Jade asked, appearing behind Beck and sitting down at the empty spot of the table.

"No," Robbie said, holding the bottle close to his chest.

"Give it to me."

"All right." He passed the plastic bottle almost immediately.

The female took the sip of the drink, but slowly realized the weird gaze that she was gaining from a certain brunette.

"What?" She asked, her voice dripping with venom.

"You're not sweating," Tori concluded before rubbing her hands over Jade's face and Torso.

"Having fun there?" Jade grinned in annoyance.

"How can you not be sweating?" Tori asked.

"I don't sweat."

"Everyone sweats," Tori claimed.

"Not Jade."

"Jade never sweats."

"Why are you so appalled? I don't sweat either." The commotion at the table paused, the residents steadily turning their head to glance at the one who spoke.

"You don't?" Andre asked.

"Nope. Never have and never will." Y/N spoke proudly. Beck looked at the male suspiciously before using this opportunity to touch the taller boy with a somewhat valid reason. He jumped up suddenly and began to repeat Tori's actions. "What the- Beck, stop!"

"Oh my god..." Beck gaped. Low and behold, Y/N's skin was sweat-free.

"And why are you surprised?" Y/N quirked an eyebrow, gaining a shake of the head instead of a verbal answer.

"Anyway, sweating is gross. So I don't do it." Jade explained. Y/N silently agreed with her.

"So, what? You guys are just like... cold-blooded?" Tori asked.