Chapter 3: Shopping Trip

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

"All students must be equipped with one standard size 2 pewter cauldron and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad." Harry says as he reads his letter.

My letter is in my pocket since me and Harry both need the same things so there is no point in having both letters out.

"Can we find all this in London, Hagrid?" I ask as I look at the giant man.

"If you know where to go," Hagrid says with a smile.

We walk up to a building that has a sign that says 'The Leaking Cauldron.' Hagrid opens the door and we step inside.

I stay close to Harry since I feel weird entering this place. There weren't a whole lot of people but there was still more than I was used to. Hagrid ushers us further inside.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" A waiter says from behind a bar.

"No thanks Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helping young Harry and Lily here buy school supplies."

Tom's face falls when he looks at me and Harry.

"Bless my soul... It's the Potter Twins!" He says and everyone goes silent. I grab Harry's hand and he gives me a reassuring squeeze and I do the same.

"Welcome back, Mister and Miss Potter. Welcome back." A man says as he shakes Harry's hand.

"Norris Crockford, Potters. I can't believe I'm meeting you both at last." A woman says as she looks at us and shakes my free hand.

"P-Potter twins. C-Can't tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you both." A man in robes and a purple turban says, stepping up to us.

"Hello professor! Didn't see you there. Harry, Lily, this is Professor Quirrell. He'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts." Hagrid says as he looks at us.

"Oh, nice to meet you." Harry says as he holds out his hand. Professor Quirrell just looks at it warily.

"F-Fearfully f-fascinating subject. N-Not that you two n-need it, eh, P-Potters?" he says, smiling.
He stutters an awful lot and I begin to wonder why.

"Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy." Hagrid says with a chuckle.

"Goodbye," Harry says.

"Goodbye." I say a bit shyly but smile and Hagrid looks around to see everyone else smiling now too.

Hagrid brings us to a back door and opens it.

"See, you two? You're famous!" Hagrid says as we step out into a bricked wall area with no way out besides the way we came.

"Why are we famous? All those people back there...."

"Why is it they know who we are?" Harry finishes for me.

"I'm not sure I'm exactly the right person to tell you two that." Hagrid says as he lifts his umbrella and taps a few stones with the tip.

The bricks begin to move in a chain reaction to reveal, basically, a whole different world to me.
There were lines of shops everywhere!

"Welcome to Diagon Alley." Hagrid says.

"Wow.." Me and Harry both say with a gasp.

We walk down the small street as Hagrid points to different shops and explains what we are gonna need from them.