Chapter 12: Books, Dragons, and Detention

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

Harry told me that he found this weird mirror when he was out of bed at night. Apparently, it showed you the thing you wanted most.

Harry saw our parents... He would vanish with Ron into the library sometimes to get information on Nicholas Flamel.

They haven't been able to find anything on him so far. But now Christmas break is sadly over and the snow has melted.

I'm in the Great Hall with Hermione, Ron, and Harry as I study for final exams and eat my lunch. Ron is looking through his cards he got from the chocolate frog boxes.

"Look at you! Playing with your cards. Pathetic. We've got final exams coming up soon!" Hermione says and Ron rolls his eyes.

"I'm ready. Ask me any question." Ron says and I hold back a giggle, knowing this won't end well for him.

"Alright! What are the 3 most crucial ingredients in a forgetfulness potion?" Hermione asks him.

"I forgot..." Ron says as he looks down.

"And what may I ask are you going to do if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione asks.

"Copy off you or Lily!" Ron says with an attitude.

"No you won't!" Hermione says.

"According to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell." I explain to him.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron says.

"Yeah, like you would never cheat Ronald." I say sarcastically.

"You've been hanging out with Fred and George too much, Lily. Dumbledore again!" Ron says as he throws down the card.

The room begins to fill with laughter as Neville comes into the hall, hopping as if his feet were tied.

"Leg-lock curse.... Poor Neville." I say from my spot.

"Malfoy," Harry assumes.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron says as Neville hops over.

"How?! I can barely stand at all." Neville says as he wobbles a bit.

"I'll do the counter curse!" Seamus says as he stands up excitedly.

"No, that's all I need. You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire." Neville says and Seamus angrily slams his wand on the table.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back." Seamus says before he walks away, revealing a bald spot on the back of his head from one of his spells.

"I found him!" Harry says as he hands a card to Ron.

"Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for his discovery of the 12 uses of dragon blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel!" Ron says.

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry says. Me and Hermione quickly grab our stuff.

"Follow us." Hermione says and we start to leave with the boys behind us.

"Hey! Where are you going? What about the counter curse?!" Neville says as he falls over, causing the people in the Great Hall to laugh at him.

I look back at Neville and frown.