Chapter 10: Christmas Time is Near

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

Snow was falling outside of Hogwarts, covering the ground and castle in its white, cold softness.

I'm sitting on the couch in the common room, reading a book. The twins and Lee said something about doing an epic prank before Lee leaves on the holidays.

Lee's going home for Christmas break while the twins are staying cause their parents are visiting a brother they have in Romania.

The portrait for the common room opens and in comes running Lee and the twins.

Speak of the devils. They ran around, frantically, muttering about a mistake.

"What did you three do this time?" I say and they look at me, scared.

"We may or may not have made a small mistake with a prank." Fred says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Did I hear this correctly? You three... make a mistake.... With a prank?" I ask jokingly.

"This is no laughing matter! Snape is gonna kill us!" Lee says in a panic.

I roll my eyes and stand up.

"Alright you three, listen up. You are going to do exactly as I say, got it?" I say as I place my book under the couch where it isn't seeable standing. I stand back up and look at them.

"Fred, act like you're searching the bookshelf. George, act like your heading up the stairs to check the boys dormitory for something. Lee, come over here and act like you're searching under the furniture."

They look at me confused for a bit.

"Well go on! Hurry!" I say and they quickly scramble to do what I said.

"Lee. Don't touch the book under the couch until I tap my foot twice" I say before I bend down on the ground at the bookshelf in front of Fred.

Just as I do, McGonagall walks into the common room with Snape following closely behind her. I hold in a laugh as I see Snape's hair has been turned bright purple.

I pretend to stop what I'm doing and look at them in shock.

"Oh my word! What happened, Professor Snape?" I ask in shock.

"That is what we are here to ask, these three." Snape says as he glares at the twins and Lee.

Lee sits up on his knees, George walks back down the stairs a bit and Fred puts a book back on the shelf.

"Well you three. Where were you about 15 minutes ago? Professor Snape believes you are the ones responsible for his change in hair color." McGonagall says.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Professor McGonagall but they couldn't have possibly done it." I say as I stand up and dust off my skirt. "They've been here with me, helping me search for my book which I appear to have lost"

I discreetly tap my foot twice as I finish up dusting off my skirt. Lee then pulls out the book I placed under the couch.

"Is it this one, Lily?" Lee asks as he holds it up.

"Yeah it is!" I say as I hurry over and grab it. "Thanks a lot!" I turn toward the professors. "Yes, so they have been with me. But I did see Crabbe and Goyle go into the Potions classroom earlier today."

"Thank you, Miss Potter." McGonagall says as she turns to leave. "Come along, Professor Snape."

Snape looks at me and gives me a nod as he turns to leave with her.

I wait a little bit after the portrait closes before I start laughing.

"Oh my god! How on earth did you get his hair like that?" I say between laughs as I fall on the couch. All three of them look at me in shock before smiling.

"You saved us from detention!" The twins yell as they sit on either side of me and hug me tightly. I laugh even more.

"You're a lifesaver, Lily!" Lee announces as he dramatically kisses my cheek. I gag and push him away and I see Fred glare at him slightly as George smacks his brother in the head. Strange.

"Whatever, you weirdos!" I say as I laugh again. They laugh as well then I get a spark as an idea comes to mind.

"Can you guys do that hair color changing prank again?" I ask.

"We can-" Fred says.

"Just depends on who it happens to." George finishes.

"Oh I don't know. It'd just be quite funny, I think, if Draco Malfoy just happened to have red hair at some point considering how he hates the color so much." I say with an innocent smile.

"Ohhhhhhhhh!" The twins say at the same time with wide eyes and smiles on their face as they look at each other.

"I think we're starting to rub off on you, Lily." Lee says as he ruffles my hair.

"I told you we were gonna be best friends!" Fred says with a wide smile.

"But how are we gonna do that to Draco? He's going home for Christmas break and we don't have time to do it before that." George says with a pout.

"Well he could get a late Christmas present from some secret admirer." I say with a smile.

"Well well well! Look at you! Miss Goody Potter here is already figuring out the best ways to prank people!" George says.

"Which is perfect!" Fred says.

"Perfect?" Lee asks.

"Think about it! If Lily was pranking people, no one would dare think it was her because she's so nice and goody!" George says. "She can also help get us out of sticky situations if we ever get close to getting caught again!"

"Oh great! Now I'm your personal ticket out of trouble." I say sarcastically but with a smile.

"Ohhhh you're much more than that Lil!" Fred says as he ruffles my hair causing me to laugh.

We spend the rest of the day figuring out how to make the prank for Malfoy work.

A/N- {I hope you have enjoyed another chapter!!! Til next time! Bye!!!}