Chapter 9: Quidditch Game One

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

I feel like I'm dying from how nervous I am. It's the first Quidditch game of the year and my first game in general.
Both Harry and I were picking at our food. I couldn't really eat anything.

"Take a bit of toast at least. Go on." Ron says.

"Ron's right, you two. You'll need your strength today." Hermione says.

"I won't be able to keep it down..." I say.

"And I'm not hungry," Harry says.

"Good luck today, Potters. A game of Quidditch should be easy work for you after an encounter with a mountain troll. Even if it is against Slytherin." Snape says from behind us and we look at him.
"Oh, and good work on your Potions paper, Miss Potter. Excellent as always."

He walks away from us with a limp.

"That explains the blood." Harry mumbles.

"What blood?" I ask him.

"Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion... So he could try and get past the three-headed dog, but he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping." Harry says.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asks.

"The day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults," Harry says.

"He said it was Hogwarts business and very secret." I add.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry says.

I hear screeching and look up to see a bright red owl carrying a long package.

"Blaze?" I say, standing up slightly. He flies over and drops the package into my hands. I set the package down carefully.

Just a bit later, Hedwig comes in and does the same thing for Harry.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asks.

"We never get any mail though." I say and start opening the package. Harry does the same thing. We take the wrapping off.

"Two broomsticks." Harry says.

"Those aren't just broomsticks!" Ron says.

"Nimbus 2000s!" I say excitedly as I slid my hand over mine with a wide smile.

"But who..." I trail off as I see Blaze and Hedwig being pet by Professor McGonagall. She smiles at me and I smile back.

I see Oliver, Fred, and George gawking at my broomstick and I smile even more.

☇≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁☇

Okay, all that happiness I felt is gone. Now I am very much afraid. I'm in the Gryffindor Quidditch Team hut as the game is about to start.

Harry and Oliver are in front of me and the Weasley twins are behind me as I stand in the middle of the four of them.

I hold my Nimbus 2000 in hand and tug on my Quidditch uniform. The number on the back of my jersey is 08, which is my lucky number, and my red hair is pulled into a ponytail so it's out of my face.

I take a deep breath in and let it out.

"Scared Harry?" Oliver asks.

"A little," Harry says.

"Lily?" He looks back at me.

"Definitely...." I say as I grip my broom tighter.

"Don't worry, Lil! We'll keep the Bludgers away from you no matter what!" Fred says as he swings his arm over my shoulders.