Chapter 5: Sorting Hat Feast

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

We walk into Hogwarts after the boat ride and make our way up some stairs, where an old-looking witch was standing.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," she says with a small smile.

"Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seat, you must be sorted into your houses.
They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.
While you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the House Cup," The old lady says and there is a small croaking noise.

"Trevor!" A boy says as he pushes to the front and grabs a toad at the woman's feet. The witch looks at him, dumbfounded.

"Sorry..." Neville mumbles and goes back to where he was standing.

"The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." The witch says before walking away.
It's silent for a little while.

"It's true then. What they were saying on the train," someone says and I turn to see a blonde boy. I stay close to Harry.

"The Potter twins have come to Hogwarts," he says with a smirk.

Everyone starts whispering to each other about us. If this is how much attention we get now just imagine when we get sorted....

"This is Crabbe and Goyle," the blonde says, gesturing to the two boys behind him.

"And I'm Malfoy," He walks in front of us. "Draco Malfoy."

I hear Ron snort at Draco's name. Draco jerks his head toward Ron.

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask for yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley," Draco says with a smirk. He turns back to us.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others, Potters. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there," Draco says as he holds out his hand to us.

"Not interested," I say back.

"I think we can tell the wrong sort for ourselves, thanks." Harry says and Draco just looks at us in shock.

The old witch comes back and taps Draco on his shoulder with a scroll and he walks back to his spot.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me," she says and leads us to a large set of doors.

They open and we all walk in, in lines of two. I'm next to Hermione and Harry and Ron are in front of us.

There are four long tables with students wearing the colors of their house with their black robes and hats. Then came a few stairs at the very end of it where the headmaster and teachers sat, and on the stairs was a stool with an old looking hat on it.

Once we all reach the stairs, we spread out to wait for what we have to do next.

"Now before we begin.. Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." The old witch says and I watch as Dumbledore stands at his seat.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death..." Dumbledore says and I frown.

"Thank you," he says before sitting down.

"When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." The old witch explains as she unrolls the scroll.