Baking Feelings || Young! Bruce Wayne x Reader

||AU: Bruce's parents never died ||

Bruce Wayne was currently sixteen, he was very outgoing. He had a small group of friends but even for a boy as outgoing as himself, there was one girl that made outgoing, charismatic Bruce Wayne, a shy boy.

Bruce picked Y/n up on the way to Gotham High school, she sat in the passenger seat, her hand rested on Bruce's hand that was sitting on the center console. The two had been friends for some time now, they met due to their fathers working as surgeons, causing the two of them to grow as friends.

"Hey.. breathe." She said softly, Bruce looked over to her at a red light, concerned dripped from her eyes, sometimes he seemed to forget how to breathe when she was around.

Bruce turned his attention back to the road that was covered in snow, his lips pulling into a small smile. His hand slipped into her smaller, softer one. His thumb ran over her knuckles, the small smile grew larger

"Bruce Thomas Wayne, is that a smile I see?" She giggled, causing Bruce's heart to do a small flip

"Maybe." He teased

The next day, Bruce was sitting in the living room, reading a book while his mother helped Alfred decorate the manor in Christmas decor. The phone started to ring. Alfred started to descend from the ladder he was on.

"No it's alright Alfred, I got it." Bruce smiled as he bookmarked his page and went to grab the phone

"Wayne residence?" Bruce hummed

"Bruce, It's Y/n!" Bruce's heart stopped for a moment as he smiled

"Hi! What can I do for you?"

"Would you like to come over and bake some Christmas cookies with me, I'm home alone currently and bored."

Her voice was gentle, it was like hearing a song you love, it's all you wanna hear. You could hear her smile. Home alone with a pretty girl, cookies, all pros. Cons, He was nervous.

"Bruce? Hello?" He jumped

"Uhm yeah! Yeah! I'll be over in fifteen?" Bruce heard a small sigh of relief

"Perfect." The line clicked and He ran to get changed. Alfred and Martha giving each other knowing smiles as Bruce rushed to his bedroom.

He found himself staring at the large front door, he gently pressed the doorbell, he could hear it echo through the large mansion. She opened the front door, she looked as beautiful as ever, she was all smiles as she stared at the boy.

"Hey! Come on in!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the house

Two dozen cookies later, they were covered in baking ingredients

"You're horrible at this Bruce!" She laughed as he broke an egg into a bowl, getting shell in the batter

"Shit, shit, shit. Hey I never said I could cook dessert, only some meals! Besides I came here to be with you." Bruce said as he fished the shell out with a spoon, Y/n went quiet as those words left Bruce's mouth.

Bruce looked to her as she stared at him

"Really? You came over here to be with me?" She smiled softly at him

Bruce nodded as he blushed, he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck

"Well.. Yeah.. I like you.. You know.. Like.. more than a friend.." Bruce's awkwardness really shined through at that moment, her eyes lit up more

"I do too..I have for a while.. But I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"Y/n, You couldn't ever ruin anything." Bruce gently grabbed her hand

"You mean too much to me for anything to get ruined between us. I'd do anything for you, you know that, Now, come on pretty girl, lets finish these cookies, get cleaned up and then I'll take you to my house and have some of Alfred's world famous hot chocolate. We can even sit at the fireplace in the smaller living room and roast s'mores, make it our first date."

"Bruce Thomas Wayne, you are the most amazing man I've ever met and I don't know what I would do without you."

Bruce smiled softly as he placed a kiss on her forehead, her cheeks flushing a pale pink

"I wouldn't be amazing if I didn't have you, Y/N Y/L."