Memories || Jason Todd x Reader

Y/n sat down at her computer and started to type, she something caught her eye. A picture of her and Jason from when they were seventeen. Before chaos happened. Before there were two more broken hearted people in the world. She put the picture down so she didn't have to see his big goofy grin as he held her in his arms.

She started to type again but her mind drifted to Jason, last she heard he was over in San Francisco helping his brothers with something.

She got up and went into her closet and grabbed out a box labeled 'Jason'. It was filled with memories, good, bad, ugly. Memories are a funny thing, when you open a box full of them, you'll remember things you're not sure you want too. Like how they smelled on a certain day, how they held you, you'll feel their hands on your body and hear their laugh in your ear.

She took a deep breath as she sat on her bed, she opened the box and pulled out the hoodie that sat on top. She brought the clothing to her nose and smelled the gun powder on it.

Things don't last forever no matter how much you want them too, their breakup wasn't something that happened right away, it was slow and painful. Then one day, they woke up and knew that it was over, the love they shared turned to dust.

She remembered the first time Jason went to San Francisco, he didn't tell her till the last minute, they had gotten in a fight about it.

"Jason why wouldn't you tell me this?!" She huffed as he packed

"Because, I didn't think you'd care, why does it matter? This is my fuckin job!" Jason huffed as he half ass folded some clothes and stuffed them into a duffel bag

"You know what Jason, you can to San Fran-Fucking-Cisco, and enjoy the fucking ocean and everything else there. I'll stay here, watching the fucking city lights and waiting for you. Like I always do."

There wasn't much they didn't fight about anymore, they had been together for almost four years at that point, it was bound to happen. Y/n teared up as she remembered feeling like Jason was sliding away from her at that point.

Long ago, their relationship was amazing, they felt so amazing together, they felt like they finally found their importance, but now they felt lost.

Y/n cried as she looked through an album of their photos together, remembering the last fight they ever had.

Jason was packing his things as Y/n cried, neither could remember what started the fight

"I miss how we were when we were seventeen." He mumbled

"God Jason move on! We aren't seventeen anymore!" She raised her voice, her words cracking as she cried

"Everything's changed!" He groaned as he threw something into his bag

"Of course things changed Jay! We aren't who we use to be, we're grown now!" She sniffled and wiped her eyes with her sweatshirt sleeve. She was scared of him leaving, scared of change.

Maybe that's why things stayed the same for so long even though they weren't happy at all. They walked on eggshells with each other. They tried so hard to get by with one another, they felt so much love for the other person but after a certain amount of time, they built up resentment.

Y/n sniffled as her fingers traced over Jason's face, she grabbed her phone and looked through her contacts. She clicked his name and debated about calling him for a second before she pressed the button.

It rang and rang before she heard his voice in her ear

"Hey.. It's me.." She said softly