Demolition Lovers || Jason Todd x Reader {Not gender specific}

"You ready?"

Jason asked, he was dressed in his Arkham Knight uniform, Y/N nodded as they slipped their hand into his. They glanced to Jason as he looked to them, his eyes looking especially blue.

It was Halloween Night, Jason was taking the city from Bruce. But before that war, Jason was going to get Y/N out of the city. Jason wasn't good with emotion, but he knew he loved Y/N. He was ready to end it all to be with them. Even if it meant death. Sure that was an extreme, but he meant it.

They had their ups and downs, fighting about how Jason was careless and reckless, fighting about how Y/N wasn't being careful when they went into the city.

"Look, Y/N, I-... I..." Jason chewed on his lip as he looked to the floor

"I know Jay." They nodded and looked to him, Jason nodded back

Y/N knew how much Jason cared, after everything, the fighting, the breaking and making up, they knew. They always did. Jason had expressed once in a drunken stupor that he would rob a Liquor store if they asked, that he would drive with them to the end.

Jason pulled down his Arkham helmet. One of his guys would be coming to take Y/N away any minute now. Jason walked into the room he held the Commissioner in. Jason knew that it was either give up and let Bruce win, or give it his all and prove that Bruce was nothing but a rich boy with daddy issues playing dress up. Winner takes Gotham.

Jason could only think of Y/N in that moment his Arkham helmet was beaten off him, revealing who the Arkham Knight really was to Bruce. It was very unlikely how someone as sweet and caring as Y/N could end up with Jason. But thinking of their relationship was like a beautiful tragity.

Y/N was rushed into a car and taken to a safe house just outside Gotham City. They watched the live stream as Scarecrow had gotten Bruce. Injecting Bruce with lethal amounts of fear toxin.

They watched a figure came swooping from the shadows and knocking away Scarecrow, they had a small smile as they saw the red symbol. Red Hood. A back up plan Jason had.

Jason stepped into the safe house

"Y/N?' He called out

Y/N ran from the living room and into Jason's arms

"Hey." He smiled softly and rubbed their back

"It's okay. Things will be better." He said, his voice soft

Y/N was the only one for Jason, Jason was the only one for Y/N, Jason never needed to show how much he cared, or express it cause Y/N knew. They just knew.

Jason pulled back to press a soft kiss to their lips, Y/N kissed back before they each pulled away

"I love you."

He gazed into their eyes as he said those three words that seemed to mean a lot.