chapter 04.

"Watermelon sugar...high."

Kuroo's POV

And look what we have here.

"Kuroo?!"

I smirked at her, placing both of my hands in my pockets. "The one and only."

I saw her aura intensified as if she was really ready and serious to kill me. She stood up from her position, turning her hands into fists before looking at me with deadly eyes. On my behalf, I competed with that stare with playful ones. I don't know but I bet that this is going to be fun.

I am very aware of the past. Everything, I can still remember every single bit of it, clearly on my mind. How can I forget about it? I broke someone's, fragile heart.

Y/N L/N.

A normal girl. Sister of my best friend, Kenma. She's not that famous, but she's an independent one. We're not that close before but something in her caught my attention. She's not that pretty, I might admit, but the beauty of her heart refills for that loss. She's kind, she's reliable and everything. She was also an athlete at the girls' volleyball team.

We hooked up. I don't know if I may call it dating but fine, I'll use that term for now. Many of my fans, especially the female ones, really envied her. I explained everything at her, that I'm not after her heart. We're exchanging "I love yous" but it's very clear that we're just fooling around. I thought that was the case at first. She was playing the game with me until summer came.

The night we both made a mistake.

And in the end, she told me that she loved me. That she doesn't want this game anymore, she wants it to be serious. But I declined.

I'm not ready for commitment yet. So I pushed her away, telling me that I don't love her. I was surprisingly hurt when I saw tears coming out from her eyes, not because I buried myself deep into her, but because I broke her heart. That's the time when I realized she's so fragile. That she needed to be taken care of. I wished I could turn back the time and take all the words I told her. I hurt her unknowingly.

I badly wanted to say sorry to her but when classes resumed, she shut me out. No more calls, no more messages nor replies. As if she didn't know me anymore. When I saw the chance of looking for a manager, I grabbed it and immediately told my teammates to look for one. Kenma was the first one to suggest his sister and I knew I hit the jackpot. But Y/N kept on declining like what happened yesterday.

She kept on declining because of me.

I knew I hurt her. I was a jerk.

"Why aren't you in your practice?!" She started. "And, do you even know how to cross a road?! Look at the right and left first, idiot!"

"Oya? I skipped the practice." I gave out a cheeky smile that crept her out. "And I obviously know how to cross a road, lady."

She clicked her tongue before rolling her eyes, aiming to go back to her car.

"Oi. Where are you going?" I calmly asked, tapping my foot to the ground.

"Home," then when she was about to shut the door, I stopped it with my foot. She cursed under her breath and it feels like I really hit a nerve. She opened it, voluntarily hitting me, as she climbed down.

"What the hell is your problem?! Can you just leave me alone?!"

I can feel her rage and hatred radiating from Y/N. I need to fix my mistake I did to her before. For playing and breaking her heart, for taking away her innocence, for being a jerk. I can feel that she's still holding a grudge at me that's why I will take every risk for her to forgive me.

Why am I doing this anyway? Everyone knows I'm a playboy so why am I chasing a girl right now? This is not so me.

But fuck it, I just want her back. This time, for real. Serious.

"Oi, watch your words," I told her. "You almost killed me."

Her face softened. "I told you I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault after all! You just suddenly popped out of nowhere like a ghost!"

I mentally laughed at her reaction. So she's actually cute.

"So that's just how things are going to end? Sorry?"

Nothing bad happened actually. I am not hurt, I am not injured but I don't know why I kept on pursuing that she needs to pay me back for this.

"Yes," she put a hand on her waist. "Look, you're breathing. You're not hurt. You're still alive. That's it, case closed. Have a good day, goodby-"

"I can report you for reckless driving, you know?"

She stopped on her tracks, jaw dropped. She looked at me, checking me if I am joking but I showed no hint of hesitation. I want her to know that at any moment right now, I can call the police.

"Do you even have a license?"

She remained silent, looking at the floor.

I smirked. "So it's a no."

The way she looked like now, it feels like she's about to cry! I can't help but mentally laugh. She's so red but at the same time, she's still cute. She's really trying her best to control her tears even though it's already evident in her eyes.

"Come on," I mentioned her to follow me. She's trembling a bit.

"W-Where?" Shit, her voice is so soft. Angelic.

"To the police station."

I don't intend to bring her there, I am really just playing with her. But, this is what you called...tactics.

She pouted. "I told you I'm sorry! I promise not to shout at you again! Promise, just don't call the police. I-It's just that, it was rush hour when I left the house so I have no choice but to use the car."

Her stares are very soft, making it hard for me to look at her. She can persuade for in just a second that's why I looked away immediately.

"Hey, please! I'm so sorry. I-If you want, I can do any favor you want me to do. Just please, don't surrender me to the police. My mom will kill me and my Dad will take all my manga as well as my anime merchandise, please!"

My eyebrow automatically shot up.

"You'll do any favor I want?"

She nodded and I smirked.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Anything. J-Just, nothing dirty, I'll kill you!" Then she looked away, blushing. I laughed at that reaction before leaning in her car.

Luck is really on my side today.

There's only one favor that came into my mind and that is the key for us to be close again. For me to regain her trust, for her to forgive me for all my sins. I will prove to her that I'm not the same Kuroo she knew before.

"Okay," I looked at her with a mischievous smile. I knew that she will not find any excuse to escape me again, much more to decline. Or else I will seriously call or take her to the police station.

"Be the team's manager."