epilogue.

6 years later...

As I typed the last words on my report, I stretched my arms before standing upright after I closed my laptop and sliding it inside my bag. Looking at the calendar, I realized it's November 17 already. Such a special day for me!

I'm finally coming back home.

Who would've thought that 6 years have passed already? It feels like yesterday, I was just bidding goodbyes to the team and now, I'm finally going back to Japan. I am now an official, registered doctor here in the States and as of now, I'll be taking a two-month leave. It was a rough journey but I was greatly satisfied with the results. I'm not that famous and successful but I can say that this is the life I've been dreaming about.

Walking out of my room while pushing my mallets, I looked at the clock.

Less than an hour before my flight.

I should get going but when I was about to grab my car keys, my phone rang. It's my friend, Lei.

"Hello-"

"TODAY IS YOUR FLIGHT BACK TO JAPAN, RIGHT?!"

Enthusiastic and energetic as always. I nodded even though she can't see me, loading my bags at the back of the car while sandwiching my phone using my left ear and shoulder.

"Y-Yes, Lei. I'll be coming back after two months-"

"AAAAAA! I WILL MISS YOU Y/N! SUPER DUPER! AND DON'T FORGET TO BUY ME JAPANESE KEYCHAINS OR ATLEAST A MANGA, OKAY?! OH, YOU CAN GRAB SOME JAPANESE PUDDINGS TOO!"

I chuckled. "Sure, sure. I will buy you souvenirs."

"YEY! WAY TO GO, MY FRIEND. I LOVE YOU AND I WILL MISS YOU SO MAKE SURE TO COME BACK SAFE!"

"Aw, I'll miss you too, Lei. Love you and I'll take care of myself. Anyways, I need to drop the call. I have to drive, you know?"

"OH YEAH, RIGHT. HAVE FUN, DARLING!"

"Thank you, bye-bye!"

Sighing, I ended the call before sliding onto the driver's seat. I can't wait to see the team, especially him. I missed him so badly and I don't know what I'm about to do once I laid my eyes on Kuroo again. Biting my lip, I shook my head before starting the engine.

I can't wait to spend my days with him!

= = = = =

"Geez, what's taking him so long?!"

I annoyingly stated, stomping my foot on the ground. I've been standing here at the airport for an hour already and I'm very, very tired! My whole body hurts and I badly wanted to hit the bed but my boyfriend, Kuroo, is nowhere to be seen. He told me that he'll be the one to fetch me and now he's late.