Arc 2 Chapter 3: Forward

After the rejection, today was me looking at the new employees i bought at Orsten.

There were six new employees standing in front of me as Kufla took the two in front of the desk while i began to talk about expansion for the other four left.

While i was still pained after Selina rejected me, i was still focus on teaching my new employees of us going to the Regiliano Empire.

"The two of them would stay at this city and manage with the two girls while we head to the Empire and set up a new branch there. I'll let you learn from the girls later on but I'll first help you manage the branch and talk about one of you choosing who would take the role of managing the branch store."

The two whom i let Kufla and Miani were quite good at being managing the shop and could switch between girls on certain timeframes. The other four were quite close with one another as this would be good at cooperating whenever there would be problems.

These Slaves i picked at Ostren were quite good-looking as i don't discriminate between sexes and picked the best people who would manage and provide good service to the shop.

The girls were angry at first when they misunderstood what i mean by service but i quickly shook that thought off and told them about not that service but provide service that assist the customers problems such as having problems with the PC and other assistance they need. If there were any troublesome customers, they can call the security dolls to beat the customers up so they'll only provide assistance and managing the staff.

At first they were quite worried that i would be a bad owner to them but after telling about the girls at the desk, happily helping the other two employees, they knew that they would be treated well by me.

I continue to talk and discuss information on how they treat their customers as i finally release them and told them to head towards the girls to learn how the shop works and leave.

After leaving the shop, i head towards the adventurer's guild and went to the guild staff about making a quest to escort me and my staff to the Empire.

I was quite shocked that not only did there was a group heading there, they were the people i'm familiar with as well.

"Yo Len! I didn't expect that you'll be heading to the Empire with us."

"To be Honest Dreks, i would be surprised as well. But i was more surprise you guys would also head there to the Empire. I expected you'll head to the Holy Capital since i hear more quest were increasing lately there."

"Hehe...you'll be right and Richard was also heading there to promote himself to A-ranked. But these rookies are quite worth teaching so i decided to let them hone their skills at the Empire and even let them be promoted into D-rank. Alyssa already is a D-rank but she tends to waste her spells so i let my friend from the Empire help her fix that problem."

"Well, guess we'll be bonding with each other then."

"Heh, same."

Dreks and I shook hands as i turned to the three kids behind him.

Rook at first often glares at me but after having bonding on the games he played and having to teach him a few tricks on combat, he started to warm up to me and even began to brag about dating with the priest girl.

Cecilla wasn't talkative since she often hides behind Rook but after learning magic from her, she began to slowly get close and even discuss on how to improve our capabilities. Due to the Support skill, my improvements with it began to soar because of her.

Alyssa was the most problematic person i met. While JC often causes trouble and drags me problem, Alyssa was more that she's always trying to scolds me often that its almost becomes an annoyance. But she tends to try and not annoy me too much as she resembles me in the past but less. So, i didn't mind her being an annoyance and just a cute with a tsunderish personality.

I became close to these people as Dreks and the group accept my escort request and would move by tomorrow.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Back in my world, Selina and me were serving the customers as i feel like Selina was not feeling too well.

Her breathing was hard and she began to wobble as well. Noticing this, i called JC and told him to check on Selina.

After knowing her condition and being sick, I told JC to let Selina rest and let me serve the customers today.

"You seem kinda sad for some reason Len. Something wrong?"

"Nothing much Mr. Rodriguez. I just got rejected by her. Thats all...."

"Ouch kid. While i kinda new you'll developed feelings for that lass, thats kinda painful after getting rejected."

"Hehe. Its fine. I can try it again as many times since she's not feeling too well about her last relationship. I just need to try harder to win her heart."

"Thats a good sprit lad!"

I smiled sadly as i was still pained after getting rejected but i knew that Selina can't open her heart to love again as i need to try my best.

While i feel sad about getting rejected, i was still cheerful since she also was the one who helped me recovered fron my first rejection as well.

While i don't feel like having to move forward and forget Selina's rejection, i would continue to forward in not giving up on her. She's the childhood friend i have and i'm not willing to let go and try to break through to that tough shell of hers.

I smiled to Mr. Rodriguez and Sang to entertain to the customers as i even began to pull a guitar after the customers were served and played a song.

What i didn't expect at that time, i slowly gained popularity on the internet and someone familiar to me was closing in to my place.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

{Kathlee's POV}

She arrives at Len's place and finds it a bit poor. She took a break and heads to the resort but her main purpose was to find Len.

While they only met a few times in University, she finds Len to be an interesting guy as he didn't look at her like the guys did and focuses on his studies and work. At first she was only curious about the guy but she slowly develops a small feeling of likeness to the guy.

He's studious, hard working and often helps people when in trouble, he even willing to get out of his comfort zone of not talking to people just to further his studies.

When she finds him working at the convenience store, she would see his diligent side and even the awkwardness he talks with his customers began to fade which she kinda misses since he look cute at that time.

Finally, the feelings of love blossomed when they both teamed up together and discuss the subject when a ball flew to their class and almost manage to hit her. Yet, Len blocked that throw with his hand but injured it due to that. She was worried about Len's hand but he continues to write but holding on to the pain as he wrote which Kathlee see how determined he was.

Before she could even ask more from him, the both separated since it was only one semester and they were in different courses.

By the time she was finally free after making time for herself, she realize that Len was too busy to even meet and even having to quit his part-time and get a job at a different place.

Kathlee felt sad that the feeling of her first love on a guy whom was different from the rest had disappeared from her life.

Yet, once she saw him on the internet and had a new look to him, she was surprised and had a determined look that she wouldn't miss him again.

As she walked through the restaurant to find him, she decided to ask the townspeople on where Len is.

"Oh? That lad is currently out of town due to running some errands. He said that he would be busy and would return in just a week or less. Was what he told us."

After hearing this, she felt disappointed that he wasn't currently here and just wasted her time looking for him as she decided to come back after he returns.

Yet, she didn't expect to meet with a girl whom Len likes....