━━━━ chapter four.

part ii

" HORROR ! " ―― as soon as he'd asked for her preference , ophelia replied without missing a beat . 'on a second note : are you free today ?' she'd asked a disappointed jumin , making his ears perk up instantly . and when he said he was ( he really was not . but a few hours couldn't possibly be much trouble . ) she suggested them to go see a movie together ; being the gentleman that he was , jumin asked her to take a pick , and surprisingly ophelia chan had chosen the famous , 00s horror movie 'american psycho' ― the name of which jumin knew because of a commercial , given he was not exactly a horror person , or a movie person for that matter .

ophelia on the other hand seemed very much unlike him , unsurprisingly . she was very chatty about the movie before they'd even headed to the theater , and was absolutely horrified when she heard jumin trying to book the entire theater . 'oh my god stop! i'd be so embarrassed!' she'd exclaimed , making jumin instantly take back what he'd been suggesting .

and thus , for the first time in his life , jumin han went to a movie like a normal guy than the 'trust fund kid' he was ― something he definitely would have mentioned in the chatroom , had it not been the fear of assistant kang seeing him slacking off . besides , it wasn't really slacking off if he considers all the extra work he puts in , was it ?

either way , the movie was a fun ( albeit new , ) experience . more than the movie itself , he watched ophelia who knew all the dialogues and was murmuring along quietly , lips moving in accordance to christian bale's as she stared up at the screen with wide eyes . needless to say ― it was very much obvious she'd seen the movie before , several times unless she had an extraordinary memory . and yet , she was more interested than anything , going as far as turning to jumin before every good scene to look at him with eyes that ― despite the dark in the hall ― were sparkling .

when did the three hours pass , jumin couldn't tell . but when they were exiting the theater , his steps felt light , as if he'd just traveled back to reality from a different dimension altogether . out of the corner of his eye , he saw ophelia with the same , dazed air about her as he did . as if sensing his eyes on her , she turned to give him a smile , " fantastic , wasn't it ? " her question was excited like a child's ― as if looking for approval from an older person ( the older bit stung him , truthfully . )

" it was nice , i admit . but you knew all the dialogues already , have you watched it before ? " his question made her giggle , and she proudly admitted , " at least fifteen times . "

her reply caught jumin off guard , and he halted in his place , staring at her with incredulous eyes . " seriously ??? why would you watch it again , then ? it's ridiculous . "

ophelia replied simply , like it were the most obvious thing in the world , " sometimes a little ridiculous is nice . " and with that , she tugged at his arm's sleeve , urging him forward , " don't just stand there ! "

jumin complied , and trudged forward to match her pace . languid steps headed out of the theater premises . the crowd around them was much faster in making their exit , unlike the two of them who were in no hurry of leaving just yet . ophelia held onto jumin's sleeve ( not his arm , unfortunately . but he was in no position to complain . ) , and after a moment of quiet , she turned to him , " you got any plans for the rest of the day ? "

jumin dished his phone out of his pocket , pretending to check his schedule ( when in reality he was just dropping a text to assistant kang to cancel all his plans for the day . ) before turning to the lady attached to his sleeve .

" no , it appears i'm free for the rest of the day . " his reply earned him a dazzling smile ,

" great ! "