━━━━ chapter six.

" GOOD MORNING , elizabeth the third . " the first greeting that he'd given was to his cat , as Jumin exited the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist , the upper torso still bare and lined with various water droplets . the maid—as per schedule—must've already left after preparing breakfast for him , so he didn't really have any qualms striding over to the kitchen before dressing himself to pick the cup of coffee before he headed to grab his clothes .

the same—trademark—attire , already hanging perfectly ironed in the walk in closet upon a hanger ; it never took Jumin much time to dress himself . after all he had grown so habitual to the same routine , it was all practiced .

it was when he were fixing his tie , his phone rang . Jumin frowned , his eyes turning to the watch around his wrist , it wasn't so late in the morning for assistant kang to start making calls . but it was when he picked the phone—he found that it was indeed , not assistant kang .

Ophelia: the dialler ID made an involuntary curve to rise at the corners of his mouth , and with hesitant fingers , he finally accepted the call , raising the phone to his ear .

" morning , han jumin. " the softest husk of a voice answered from the other side . the Russian ballerina that lived inside his stomach rent free these days made an appearance once again , greeting him with a 'hello' that sounded more smug than saeyoung's ( something he did not know was possible . )

" good morning , did you just wake up ? " his reply was followed with a question , as he placed the phone next to the coffee cup on the vanity , speakers on .

" yup , just did . " she replied hoarsely .

" you're quite late for office , " he commented—his eyes flitting to the time , not really wanting her to realise that she should be going just yet . " how come did you call me ? "

" I felt like it , " she replied simply , adding with a deep impersonation of his own voice , " I wanted to hear the sound of your voice . "

He could hear shuffling on the other side , which meant she'd finally decided to get off the bed . meanwhile jumin too—once having perfected his tie—exited the closet to head over to the kitchen .