2- Unexpected

Natasha Romanoff POV

I sat down at the crescent moon table, looking around at the people I can call friends. Banner was doing some sciencey problem, Thor was off-world, Rodgers was talking to Barns, and Wanda was talking to Vison. Fury called us into a meeting, and as usual, Stark was late. While we were waiting, I was looking at my nails. Finally, Stark walked in.

"Finally." Furry states after Stark took his seat. "We have some important matters to discuss."

"And what is that Eyepatch?"

"What do you know about a certain web-slinging vigilante from Queens, codenamed Spiderman?" I've heard of him, but I don't know anything about the guy, nor who he really is. Without waiting for us to reply, Fury went on. "I want him recruited for the Avengers."

"Yea? Why don't you just show up at his house then?" Stark shot back, clearly annoyed.

"Because S.H.I. E.L.D (yes, it's still around) has no clue who this guy is or what his motives are. We only know he is from Queens. And it seems that he had a job because up until recently he was only working at night."

"So, what do you want us to do?" I finally spoke up.

"Recruit him, make him tell us his identity, and find out his motives."

"What if he refuses? And why where all of us needed?" Banner asked.

"He won't refuse. You're the Avengers. And I don't need you all for this. Barton, Romanoff, Stark, Rodgers, you're on the spider. Everyone else has different missions."

"Finally," Stark says as we get up to leave.

"When do we go after him?" I ask as Clint closes the door.

"I want to get this over quickly, but I've got several meetings today that I promised Pepper I would go to, so tonight?" Everyone agreed after that.

~~time skip back where we were by Lee the elephant, cousin to Matt, the squirrel from my other story~~

"Fu-"

"Language!" Steve yells at Tony.

"-dge." Finishes Tony.

"Let's go," I say.

When we got back to the tower, Fury was furious. He then ordered us to take him in any way possible, including by force. He doubted that he would just tell us his identity and motives, but if he wasn't going to join then we had to figure those out somehow.