5- I'm Out

Natasha Romanoff POV

Well, that didn't go as planned. But I did notice something while we were fighting. Spiderman was extremely short. Like, shorter than Tony. At first, I thought he was just that short, but... He has really childish characteristics, and he never answers questions about his age. Oh god. If this is a kid, I'm going to kill Fury. I'm seriously thinking of quitting this assignment- that's a first. It's a well-known fact that I don't deal with kids. It's not for the reason most people think. Truth be told, I love kids and wished I could have them myself.

I was walking towards the conference room, to be told off by Fury again for not capturing Spiderman. Clint and Steve were already there. Stark and Fury were still missing. Then Stark got here before Fury this time- shocker. Finally, the man that called this meeting came in. And he was pissed.

"How f------ hard is it to pick up one f------ spider? I gave you this mission thinking that it would be the easiest mission I've ever given you, and yet you still f---- it up! There's four of you against one!"

"With all due respect, sir, we did not expect him to be able to walk. Let alone continue fighting after Clint shot him with that tranquilizer arrow." Tony sasses back.

"What about what happened at the dead-end? You all had him cornered! You know what? I don't care anymore. Just get him!" At this, everyone except me leaves the room.

"Sir?"

"What, Romanoff?"

"I am quitting the mission." At this, he just balks and stares at me. I never quit missions. I do as I'm told.

"May I ask why?" He says with anger evident in his voice.

"I think he might be younger than we originally thought."

"He's in his 20s, Romanoff. You're not getting off of this mission unless you have a real reason."

"Sorry, sir, but you cannot force me to fight for something I don't think is right." I then turn on my heel and walk out of the meeting room. I've got a spider to find, but this time I am not going to fight him or try to force him to tell me anything.

~~Lee is having a fight with Matt about the best type of donut. Comment yours!~~

Peter POV

Well, that was a fantastic sleep. I totally didn't have nightmares and ripped open where I got shot at all. Note the sarcasm. It was still pretty early, and I was freezing. I quickly wrap my old blanket around me after I clean up the blood. Ugh, why do things have to bleed so much?

Anyway, after an hour, I ate some fruit that I found in the schools' dumpster and a pop tart MJ left me. They try to feed me as much as possable but it is hard to keep up with my metabolism and have their parents not know. I get ready and head out for patrol. I was a little sore from yesterday, but not that bad. It did remind me to not take any breaks out in the open. I really don't want a repeat of yesterday. It's super weird, though. I used to intern under Mr. Stark. I mean, it was barely a month, and I doubt he even knows that May died- or for that matter that I'm 'dead' either. Not that we were close. He was my boss, and I was a poorly paid but paid nonetheless intern.

I was swinging back after a good day of patrol, stopped a few bank robberies, got a few kittens out of trees, and stopped a mugging. Kind of a slow day. Not that I'm complaining, though! I didn't see the Avengers yet, which was good. Then suddenly, the Black Widow came out of nowhere. I seriously am thinking my spidey sense is broken. I do the obvious thing. Swing faster.

"Wait! I'm not here to fight you!" I stopped and turned around towards her. This is how you know I'm actually stupid.

"You're not? What about the others?"

"Unfortunately, the others are still after you."

"But your not? Why"

"Because." Wow, so very helpful. Not gonna question it though, she is an assassin.

"O-ok?"

"So can we just chat?" My spidey sense wasn't going off, but...

"Sorry, I need to go home."

"Then meet me on Friday at 12 by the Rainforest Café?"

"Sure! See you then, Ms. Romanoff!"