4- Coward

Peters POV

The Avengers were after me now! I know I should be worried but, like, how cool is that! It's been a few days since I was bothered by them, and I'm starting to get worried. They could be planning something, so I need to be prepared. Ned was forced to go to his grandparents place for a week, and MJ was going to Canada to visit some long-lost relatives- did I mention it was spring break? Glorious summer was coming. Spiders don't exactly like the cold, which sucks because I really did enjoy the snow before.

Anyway, back to before, I was sitting on top of a tall building looking out on my city, when I felt it. My spider-sense was telling me to move and fast. Suddenly there was a red, white, and blue shield where I was previously sitting. I look up and see all four of the Avengers that I initially met. How they keep surprising me I don't know. 

"Well, Spider still not going to give up?" The current billionaire questioned.

"Woops, I just remembered I have to go and do stuff. How about we meet up... never?"

"So that's a no," Cap says. And then they charge. Well, frick. I do the obvious choice and RUNNNNNNNN!!!!

"Come back here and fight!" Natasha yells.

"Haha, no thanks, I don't want to die yet!" I yell back.

"Then why don't you just join?!" Iron Man yells at me while shooting a beam.

"Because-!" At this, I wasn't fast enough to move, and I was hit by an arrow. Oww. I snap off the shoot but didn't remove it. I don't want to bleed out. After that, I, unfortunately, realize I can't keep this up forever. I'm fast, but there's more of them, and they're pretty much as fast as me. One of them can even fly! I eventually run into a dead-end between two very tall buildings, and I drop to the ground to face my pursuers.

"Aww, Spider ran out of luck?" Natasha asks with no remorse on her face. They start walking towards me, thinking they've caught me. Natasha is in front, surprisingly, since she was the second to last in the trailing. Iron Man is a little behind her, hovering a few feet. Cap was next to him, looking like America. Clint stayed back a few feet with his bow pointed at me.

"Jokes on you, I have no luck!" It's honestly so bad MJ started calling it my "Parker Luck." At this point, I'm ransacking my brain for anyway way to get out. Common!!! I'm in sticky situations all the time! Wait... If my calculations are correct, that could work! Let's just hope that physics won't fail me now.

When they're about a meter away from me, I make my move. I jump up over the Avengers' heads, and I drop a web bomb on the three, and I shoot a web at the archer.

"What the-"

"Frick"

"F---"

"Ewwww"

"Sorry! That should wear out in about two hours!"

"Wait!" I stupidly turn and see Cap called out and was struggling in my web.

"If you leave, you're nothing better than a coward!!!" Not gonna lie. That stung a bit, being called a coward by one of your favorite heros. But not like I was going to let him know that. And not like it is wrong. I really am a coward.

"Dude, if you haven't noticed, I most definitely am a coward. I literally ran from you, and I hide my identity. What did you expect?" Without waiting for him to respond, I leave to get this arrow checked out. And when did I get hit by a repulsor? Then I remember that I was the only one here right now, so that means that I get to play doctor again. Yay.....

~~ Lee's favorite ice cream is chocolate. What's yours?~~

When I get back, I realize just how exhausted I am after the adrenaline ran off. I barely take any time to clean up the arrow, leaving the rest to my healing factor, before I pass out on my worn-out mattress that has a few holes in it. I don't even pull up my pile of blankets.