"Y-you?"

Sugawara worriedly watched the libero. Noya missed another receive. Earlier, he received the ball using his face. 'What happened? [F/n]? No, I heard they get along. The exam? Oh God, don't tell me he bombed it! Maybe that's why he's like this, afraid of [F/n] and Daichi's wrath.' he thought chaotically.

With a sigh, Suga decided to comfort the boy. "Noya," he called. He got no response.

The setter placed his hands on the shorter boy's shoulder. "Noya," he called again, shaking the other slightly.

"Ah, Suga-san," Life came back in his brown eyes as Noya stared at the familiar person in front of him. But then, he remembered that Suga was related to that person. His face scrunched in a frown.

"It's okay," Sugawara nodded solemnly. "We'll study together next time. I'm sure [F/n] can forgive you. As for Daichi, I'm sorry but rest in peace-"

"Oh," Noya cut Sugawara off. "The exams went well."

"Is that so?" Sugawara sighed in relief as he silently thanked his cousin. He wouldn't see Daichi's scary face again.

"Your cousin is weird."

"Yes, he is." Sugawara nodded, shuddering slightly. He would prefer to go to the vice principal's office than face Daichi's wrath. 'Wait, what did he say?' Sugawara blankly stared at Noya's face. "What?"

"Why would he ask me to be his friend like that? Does he even have friends?" Noya ranted, rumbling his hair in frustration. "He didn't have to go all the way like that! I thought we became friends from the beginning! So why did he sound like he was confessing?!"

"W-wait, what?!"

[flashback]---------------------------

Noya went home in a daze. He didn't even know how got there. The libero vaguely remembered a soft smile and a hushed voice. Then, he found himself in bed beside the bear he got earlier that day.

'What the heck?' he covered his face with his arm, feeling flustered. 'What did I say after he said he liked me? Sure? What the heck was that?' His brain was silent, but vivid flashbacks of what happened earlier played behind his eyelids.

Like that, he fell asleep.

The next day, he studied and reviewed as if he was programmed to do only that. He answered everything thoroughly during the exams, like how his tutor, no, his friend taught him.

He hasn't seen [F/n] at all. He stayed silent for the rest of the day, making his classmates worry. Then he found himself talking to the team's setter, just like that.

[end of flashback]------------------------------

Sugawara listened as Noya told him what happened two days ago. He hid his shock, stopping himself from gasping over the last bits. 'It sounds like a date! [Nickname] has an emotional intelligence of a goldfish when it comes to himself.' his eyes then observed his teammate, 'this guy too. Don't they like each other at this point? Wait, Noya likes Kiyoko-san, right?'

Noya felt calmer now, feeling like he understood [F/n] a little more. 'Is he lonely?'

"Ah, my cousin has a lot on his plate. He went through a lot when he was younger, so he became like that, but Noya-."

"I guess he's too weird for other people, that's why he wanted to be friends. I'm like that too, I guess," Noya mumbled, surprising Sugawara again.

"-Perhaps he likes- what?" Sugawara felt a headache coming.

"We'll be best of friends!" Noya announced, "I'll also introduce him to Ryu!"

"Wait, Noya!" Sugawara watched as the other ran off. "We're not done practicing!"