"...love..."

18 missed calls from [F/n]

It was dark at night in a playground. Noya was uncharacteristically silent. He sat on the swing and stared blankly on his phone. Fed up by the constant ringing, he finally decided to check the messages he received from a certain someone.

"Tch, what does he want?" He grumbled, scrolling down the messages.

[F/n: Look behind you.]

Noya whipped his head behind him and saw no one. He squinted but saw nothing. Cursing the other boy internally, he looked forward only to see the other crouching in front of him with a plastic bag in his hand.

The libero yelped in surprise. [F/n] blinked several times before taking the other swing beside him.

"Here," his tutor-turned-friend handed him an ice-pop. It was in his favorite flavor too.

"Thanks," Noya mumbled, grabbing the cold dessert gently.

A few moments of peaceful silence passed. The libero waited for the other boy to talk, but not a single word was said.

He finished his dessert, and it was only then that [F/n] decided to move.

"Yuu," He called, his tone soft and delicate, uncharacteristically comforting. "I heard what happened."

Noya's form froze. He doesn't know if it was from the topic of the conversation or because of the tone the other boy picked up.

"I also heard you got suspended for a week and no club activities for a month," [F/n] added, somewhat bitter.

"So?" Noya asked, a little irritated. "What do you want?"

"Are you going to waste your time like that?" At the question, the libero grew angrier. He turned his head towards the other boy.

"What? You wouldn't understand-"

"I know." The [e/c] eyed boy shrugged nonchalantly. He stood up and walked in front of the other. Like previously, he crouched down, his eyes facing Noya's directly. "I wouldn't. I don't like seeing you down and wasting your time grumbling because of your guilty conscience." He reached out his hand, making the libero closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to appear, but instead, gentle hands ruffled his hair. "So I set up something for you," the taller of the two stood up, a small smile playing on his lips. "We can't let the future team I'll be managing have a lazy libero, right?"

Brown eyes trembled with an unknown emotion. Warmth enveloped Noya's chest, making his hands gripped the swing tighter. "Bastard," he sniffed, "Kiyoko-san is our manager."

A melodic chuckle replied at his comment, and the corner of Noya's lips turned upwards against his will.

________________

A few months had passed, and a new school year has started.

Hinata panted as he stared at the ceiling, his team won the practice match! A cold water bottle obstructed his view.

"Take it quickly, or I'll drop it on your face," the person grunted. Hinata gulped, quickly grabbing it. The first time he saw the boy, Hinata thought he was one of the volleyball players; however, to his surprised, the tall and handsome boy was the second-year manager of the team.

"Kageyama," [F/n] called, "catch."

"Thanks, [L/n]-senpai," Kageyama politely nodded as he caught the bottle effortlessly. To everyone else's surprised, the setter and [F/n] knew each other before their meeting within the volleyball club, apparently from an old annoying acquaintance.