My Boss's Wife PT.11

🎶 Listen To The Music 🎶

Things get a bit out of control at a. party

After the meeting with Tim, I came out of his office, not his work home, furious as I had ever been in my whole life. It seemed like the board was invoking some old rule. They wanted to take all my clients; a practice that had not been used in many years.

It seemed I had also signed a paper that would allow them to do just that. Tim had told me his father had put the rule into play in case someone fell ill or was incapable of performing their duties for their clients. Since then the board had twisted the rule into something they could do on a whim if they all voted on it.

I immediately when into attack mode. I knew they would have to call Nigel and Samuel, then they would want me to sit down with them, so they could tell me what was going to happen and when.

Juliet had a plan of attack, and the two of us stayed up most of the night and early into the morning, putting all our ducks in the basket. If they wanted a fight, we were going to give them one.

We sat patiently outside the door. We were both physically and mentally exhausted, but we had to do this at the meeting, or we would lose everything.

Samuel was the first to open the door to let us into the meeting room. All the others sat in their chairs, staring at us as we sat down.

"First," Donald said as he looked at us. "We want to congratulate the two of you on a job well done."

The others nodded and clapped as they looked at us.

"What you have accomplished in a short amount of time, is beyond all of our expectations," Donald continued. "What happens here is not something we take lightly, we think it is in the company's best interest if there are more people involved, people that know how to manage large businesses, like the one owned by your clients."

"Bullshit," I shouted. "You see us as a threat, we accomplished something all of you have been trying to do for years, and we got it done in less than a week."

Steven started to say something, but I stared right at him. "Before any of you think that you have the upper hand," I nodded to Juliet who stood up and walked around the table putting down a folder in front of all of them.

"What is this? Margaret asked as she leafed through it.

"My client list, my resignation and the number of clients that will leave this company and follow me wherever I go," I said, looking at them. "Which will be next door as I have already asked them if they need a new partner."

"You can't be serious?" Nigel said as he leafed through the folder.

"We are," Juliet said. "The clients listed know the penalty that would be forced upon them for breaking their contracts early, but also Proctor has already told us as well as them that they will pay the penalty price in full the moment we sign over."

"That's ridiculous," Steven said as he looked down at the papers. "They couldn't afford it."

"Oh, I am sure it will make a heavy dent in their salaries," I said. "But if you looked at the current market value for all of my clients and put in Proctor's mandatory twenty percent new client signing."

"They would make it back within three months," Donald said, shaking his head.

"And double it within six, quadruple in twelve and so forth," I said. "I will bet they will put in their bid to buy this company out within the first six months, without the clients on that list, and blood will be in the water. All of our competitors will be circling, waiting for one more high-powered client to leave."