My Boss's Wife PT. 12

🎶Listen To The Music 🎶

I arrived at the party a bit later than I had planned due to some unforeseen traffic. The mansion was lit up in bright lights as valets ran back and forth trying to get all the cars out of the driveway and parked in a field just down the road.

"I can park my own car," I said to the young man that approached.

"Sorry, he is insisting that we park all the cars," the young man said as he looked over at a guy I had recognized.

"Understood," I said as I got out of my car.

"Derek," the man said as I passed him walking towards the sound of classical music.

"Lawrence," I nodded. Another stick in the mud, he was Jack's best friend.

"You're late," Candice said as she approached me. I had not seen her in a while, from the looks of things her relationship had reached another level.

"Another bun in the oven, huh?" I said, looking down at her prominent baby bump.

"Yeah," Candice nodded, rubbing her stomach. "What he lacks in personality, he more than makes up in sterility."

I nodded as I looked over the massive area, they called a backyard. There were white tents everywhere for people to sit, eat, and talk. A large area had been put down for dancing, and a live band played their musical instruments.

"Wow!" Candice said as she looked across the massive crowd.

"What?" I asked, trying to look at what she was gawking at, or who.

"Isn't that your assistant?" Candice asked as she pointed at Juliet, who had just come up the stairs into the backyard.

"Yes," I said stunned. Looking around, I could see that Candice and I were not the only ones that were staring.

I was used to Juliet's beauty at work, but the way she looked tonight blew everyone's breath away. She wore a tight red dress that hugged every inch of her body. It looked like it was painted on, more than it was a dress. Her long legs and curves were out for all to see, as well as a hint of cleavage, not a lot but not minuscule, just enough to let anyone looking know that she was busty, and they were natural. The way she walked made everyone follow her every move.

"I bet you have nailed that three times already," Candice whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked, there was no one near us now. "And no, I haven't."

Even though thoughts of sleeping with Juliet had filled some of my nights, I knew I was well below what she would consider sexy, although we had a few flirtatious moments.

"There you are," Juliet said as she walked towards me.

"Wasn't trying to hide," I laughed as Juliet approached.

"Are they still looking?" Juliet said as she got close to me.

"You mean everybody?" Candice asked. "Yes."

"Maybe wearing bright red wasn't the best idea," Juliet laughed as she looked behind her.

"I didn't notice," I laughed again trying not to stare at her cleavage.

"Uh, huh," Candice said. "On that note, I will find a drink," Juliet and I both looked down at her stomach. "A non- alcoholic drink."

We both nodded as she walked away. "You look handsome," Juliet said as she stood in front of me. She reached up and unbuttoned one of the top buttons on my shirt.