Chapter 1

Yuri

I remember plunging my fist through the broken flesh of my enemy's stomach a few moments ago and thinking how warm and soft the entrails felt curled around my fingers as I gutted him alive. I was so satisfied, so content. It is an ungodly thought, I am aware.

The smell of death and fresh blood stained the air. Bodies fell like tired rain to the ground. The dead now worship us. It is as it should be. Those creatures along with its master shan't be a bother to our people anymore. Yet, this unease inside me is unsettling. An army of sin's creatures bow before me, lifeless, to the tang of my bloodied sword.

Heavy footsteps entered the foggy room. Mathias stood before me, through the thick solemn air, wearing a frown. "Brother," he called to me, his voice was laced with shock and concern, "This wasn't your fight."

I could feel the chill of Sinder, the red planet, tousle through my coat. The sun dripped like a bloody wound in the sky, painting its rays through the clouds like a child. "It was about time it was done." I answered whilst attaching back the sword to its place near my hip. I knelt to the ground to observe one of the creatures with its eight yellow eyes bulging through their scaley head, "Hideous things, aren't they?"

"You've gone against orders, Yuri." Mathias frowned, "You slaughtered these people on your own accord. Not only was it reckless, it was dangerous. You came here alone, you could have gotten killed."

"It was calculated. I've taken down a future enemy and this is the thanks I get? Do you not have any faith in my swordsmanship and skills, brother?" I stood with a smug soft smile.

Mathias kept his expression plastered. "Sinderians are demons, yes, but to strike them like this Yuri? It's merciless. Are you forgetting that you're not only a warrior but a God? You have a responsibility. We follow modus operandi. Protocol. Are you forgetting? We don't run off killing whoever, whenever, we feel like it." He turned in deep worry, "I fear there may be consequences, Yuri."

In the far distance behind, I heard the cloud of a deep chuckle. The General to the land of the Gods fixed his face delightfully to see the scenery as he walked towards us, companied by guards. "Your sadistic little brother doesn't know when to put his sword down, does he Mathias?"

"This matter is between us, Val." Mathias scowled.

"I think not. The High Court requests his presence. Take him." He ordered but I raised my hand in refusal. "Don't touch me. I will walk on my own accord."

Hours passed as I waited in the white room. My weapons were stripped off my body. The room was suppressing my magic. The lack of anything was beginning to suffocate me. There seemed to be a controversy to my actions after arriving home. They were all Gods but fools. I sat and folded my legs whilst I closed my eyes in meditation. Further hours went by until I was summoned to the Gericht auf Licht otherwise known as the Court of Light or High Court. These people, I thought as I walked along with two guards while handcuffed, they fear what they do not understand. They fear when their control slips out of their hands.

They guided me through the halls of the court towards the panel of jury awaiting in the room before me. The heavy doors groaned open in allowance to my entrance. Thick whispers flooded the floor of those seated as I walked through. I could taste the dried blood at the corner of my lips. This blood wasn't mine. My hands were rough and calloused due to the battle and all I could think of at the moment was soaking myself to a warm bath at the luxury of maidens. They chained me pathetically at sit before them. I could have broken lose any minute if I wanted to quite honestly. Yet, out of respect, I stayed. I was warned multiple times prior, but this somehow felt new.

The three judges frowned down before me. Their eyes were entirely black which enabled them to see through the souls of the accused and skin marked of tattoos with the vines of the tree of truth. One spoke in great deepness, "Are you aware of your actions?"

Hushed whispered frolicked through the tense air of the courtroom.

"Indeed I am." I smiled softly, showing a bit of my canine.

"Then you are aware of your consequences?" the second judge spoke in question.

"Consequences to what crime exactly? I see no crime if my intent was simply to protect my people. Is that not what I am supposed to do?"

"The Sinderians were not at war with us."

"Ah," I spoke clearly, "But prevention is better than cure, not so?"

"You've recklessly disobeyed instructions!" the third judge slammed his fist to the table angrily, "Do you know what you've done? You killed the dark lord of Trinity's son serving under the Sinderian's residence."

"Ah well that's wonderful."

"Yuri." I heard Mathias's voice warn. He stood to the far left along with the audience of my hearing.

"You fool." The judge seethed, "You've created a war between the Gods and the Creatures when there was no need! You've grown too wild to be tamed now! Your ideas and expression are vicious and ruthless. Your blood reeks of darkness."

"I've done more for my people that you've ever done in your thousands of years here."

"Your people fear you! Look at yourself. You're drenched in blood. You've now put us all at risk! This is unsolicited treachery. I will spare you to a sentence of death."

"No!" Mathias interjected, stepping forward. "That is unreasonable."

"Then Mathias, tell us a better punishment for your dearest brother."

Their snarky reply irked him. He was irritated as I was. That must have been the only thing we had in common through our hundreds of years together. "His punishment is too severe." He spoke while looking at me with flicks of pain within his eyes. I couldn't read him in that moment. My abilities were suppressed. "He should be banished." Lowering his eyes, he spoke again in regret, "To the human world."

No.

My sudden unease caught the Judges attention as the second walked towards me. "Yess," She hissed softly and delightfully, "You detest the humans. I can sense that. Weak beings as you would call them." She chuckled. Her voice was tender yet filled with snide. "How beautiful you are." She placed her hands cupping my cheeks, "And yet, such a darkness within you. A passionate violence to kill. You are no God." The darkness in her eyes tightened against my throat, "Perhaps a God on the outside, but a demon on the inside."

That moment my skull cracked within her hold. Yet I stood in place as a sharp pain flooded throughout my body. My veins swelled and diluted back into place. I could feel a sharp pain within my eyes almost as if my pupils took a different form. Slices of pain cut through each. My knees felt weak as I groaned, reaching for balance by holding myself up, using the stand before me. A sick feeling curled within my stomach. A shocking gasp cut through the air as the words made its way to my ears, and in whispers they followed.

You've turned him into a demon. 

_______________________________________

Hi everyone,

Please don't forget to leave a vote and comment(s) throughout. I'd love to hear your feedback ☺️❤️