Chapter 3

Yuri

What a filthy little human.

I scowled walking back to the fireplace. Thunder shook terribly.

"Master Yuri! Master Yuri!" Tomai ran frantically towards me in his cheerful merry frolic. Turning him into a young child seemed to be the best disguise I had for him in the human world yet it affected his emotions quite deeply to that of a true seven year old chubby human boy. Nonetheless, he will always be my trusted vehicle. "There's a human girl outside at the door!" he beamed.

"Oh," I smiled, "Is that so?"

Miss Lou, the housekeeper, walked in with a broom in hand while straightening her back along with the butler Byron. "My Lord," Lou spoke kindly, "These humans are quite fragile creatures and the storm out is quite a nasty looking thing."

I studied the hellfire that scorched through the palms of my hand. "Do you think me cruel?"

"Oh no master Yuri, you're simply the best." Tomai spoke with gentle and genuine sparkling eyes. His clothing dripped from his flight. I picked him up with one hand and chuckled, "Now where did your little wings take you?" I asked as I blew the fire around him which dried the clothing clad to his body. "Perhaps you are right, I should check on the girl."

It was a curious sight I must admit. The closer I neared the door, I felt her fear and troubles as well as the determination of her aura flutter through me. Curious indeed. A human much like a bird with clipped wings still trying to soar. She was a small thing I observed through the window. If one holds her too roughly, she may even snap in two. I opened the door and stood before her. She sat curled into a ball and looked up towards me, her thoughts were scattered. I felt a pain, her pain, yet there was no wound on her body. How odd. The depts of her gentle eyes tugged into my soul. She trembled.

"Are you cold?" I asked in curiosity.

"I- yes." She spoke in a soft confused voice. An unfamiliar feeling unraveled within me. My ribcage felt weak and tender. I detested this feeling. I cannot be near this poisoned human. I shut the door and turned towards the fire again.

"Is everything alright, Master Yuri?" Tomai asked when suddenly the hands on the grandfather clock suddenly began spinning in circles, back and forth.

"Ah," I said with a sigh as the thunder rocked the house, "Now this is beginning to make a little more sense."

Heavy footsteps neared at the front door as the others hid in the nearby rooms. I chuckled without turning, "It's been quite a while, brother." I did not have to turn to understand that he was wearing a frown. Yet, I did, only to realize that along with his disapproving scowl he held the sleeping girl in his hand and placed her on the sofa.

"She is quite a petite creature, is she not? And yes, brother, it has been almost 200 years since." Mathias spoke calmly. He seemed to have put her to sleep.

"So, this is your doing?"

"I simply wish to visit you, Yuri. The times are changing. I have faith that there are good things ahead."

I scoffed in a soft laugh, "You have gone mad. And why do you bring that pathetic little human in here?"

"You treat her cruelly."

"I am a demon, am I not?" I smiled.

"You are what you believe you to be, Yuri." Mathias scowled. "Be gentle towards her. Protect her. Care for her."

"What?"

"She is your significant. She is your balance"

I laughed. "She is a human."

"Yuri." Mathias sighed, "Please understand. You do not see her value yet. She is either your hope or your end. You must be careful of your actions with her."

I frowned, "Do you think this is acceptable?" My blood boiled within me, "You come here, with no apology after 200 years, and dump this human onto me. A human!"

"It was not my intention for things to go as far as it did." Mathias lowered his head to the side, "But it does not change who you are to me. Demon or not, you are my brother."

"Leave." I finished. "I do not need you nor your advice, brother. You've done enough."

He took a deep sigh and turned towards the door. Mathias stopped besides the girl on his way out and placed a letter on the table, "Yuri, heed my words. This girl holds something of yours. You cannot harm her. You will understand soon enough."

Mathias left. The time reverted to its original hours. I watched as the muddy creature softly slept on the sofa. If Mathias's words are true and she does possess something of mine, then she could possibly post as a threat to me. If I discard of her, I could be making a mistake. I didn't want to take that risk, nor could I bring myself to turn away from the sleeping weakling. 

______________________________________

Vote ❤️

Comment ✍️

I'd love love love to hear your thoughts on the characters thus far!

Chapter 4 will be posted next week Saturday so stay tuned 🤗

Love you guys and thank you for the support 💗

Sidenote: This novel will be turned into a WEBTOON ! I can't wait for you all to see that. I'll keep everyone updated in regards to that.

Keep Safe,
Celine.

Instagram: celinekmahadeo