Chapter 4

Hi everyone,

Enjoy this new chapter!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT

❤️

_______________________________________

Ana

The scent of smoke tickled through my nostrils. I coughed and twisted, feeling cold and damp. My heavy eyelids peeled itself open tiredly. My heart stopped at the image before me. The snow haired man sat before me, observing me in my sleep, while smoking a pipe nonchalantly. A flush of blushed panic shocked through my body.

"You creep!" I shrieked, threw a pillow at him, and missed in reflex. I was mortified. Did he really sit there watching me sleep while my clothing thinned upon my body due to the rain? What a perv.

Unbothered, he exhaled a cloud of smoke. "What is a perv and why are you screaming?"

I blinked. How did he...?

"You are quite an ugly creature, I must admit." He continued.

Did he just call me ugly? My eye twitched. The nerve of this guy.

"Oh, says the one who's trying to observe and take advantage of the poor helplessly soaked sleeping lady on your sofa."

He frowned in confusion, "I do not see any lady, only a filthy little rug rat perched with drool from her mouth staining my sofa." He stood and turned, "However, if it makes you feel any better, you do not have much for me to observe in order to 'take advantage' of."

"Lady Alois!" a little boy suddenly ran towards me and fell into my arms. "I'm so glad you're staying with us." He purred softly and kindly. His little body was so small and soft and warm.

"Staying?"

"Oh yes," he smiled, "Master Yuri said you'll be staying with us. The letter said you are lady of this house. Master Yuri's significant."

Panic flushed over me.

"I'm what?"

"You heard me," the little boy giggled, "According to his brother, you are entitled to everything here even him."

"Tomai, get away from her. You could get sick." Yuri scolded, irritated at the young boy's blatant words. An old woman entered the room with a broom in her hand and smiled.

"Oh," I flushed nervously, "This has to be some mistake. As much as I would adore giving orders to your stiff master over there, I'm sure I'm no lady of any house."

"Stiff?" Yuri muttered quietly.

"I thought I was collecting a package or something, not staying anywhere." I laughed anxiously. "And I certainly don't want to get married. At least not yet."

"Oh, don't flatter yourself," Yuri scowled and walked towards me, inches away, tipping the bottom of my cheeks to stare directly into his eyes. "You will forget this conversation."

I blinked, startled by how eccentrically odd this man was. "I will do as I please." I smiled back.

His eyes fluttered, almost shocked at my response.

"Listen," I tried to speak a bit more polite, "I'm really sorry. I have no intent of taking over your home in any way or form. I just want to figure things out, like why my grandfather sent me here in the first place. I don't wish to be anyone's burden." My heart hurt as I mentioned my Grandfather, I spoke softly, "I just want to understand why."