Chapter 2

THE NEXT DAY (JASON POV)

My parents and I watched the news and the second golden ticket winner is Veruca Salt from Buckinghamshire, England.

"Veruca? Can you spell that for us please?", the news reporter asked, "V-E-R-U-C-A, Veruca Salt.", she said, then Mr. Salt begin to tell the press.

"As soon as my little Veruca told me she had to have one of these golden tickets, I started buying up all the Wonka bars I could lay my hands on.

"Thousands of them. Hundreds of thousands. I'm in a nut business, you see. Three days went by and we had no luck. It was terrible.

"My little Veruca got more and more upset each day. Well, gentlemen, I just hated to see my little girl feeling unhappy like that.

"I vowed I would keep up the search until I could give her what she wanted. Then, finally... I found her a ticket."

"I take it back, she's even worse than that Gloop child.", my dad said, "She didn't even bought the ticket herself, that was unfair.", I said.

"Don't worry, darling, he really spoils his daughter and she just takes it for granted.", she said, "Well, we should get ready for dinner."

My mom is preparing dinner and we eat together, "So, who do you think is gonna be the prize if the tour ended?", I asked.

"I don't know, son, but I hope those ticket winners aren't brats.", my dad said, "Dad, what if it wasn't their fault, but the parents?", I convinced.

My dad thought about it and said, "Maybe your right, they don't know how to take care of their child."

After we're done eating, I went to room and draw some sketches. My dad knock on the door, "Come in.", I said loudly, and he entered.

"Hey, kid, what are you doing?", he asked, "Nothing, just drawing.", I said as he looked at my drawings, "They look great, kid.", he complimented.

"Thanks. Dad?", I asked, "Yeah?", he said, "What happens if I have a golden ticket?", I asked, "Then, I'll be proud of you.", he said.

"Really?", I asked in surprise, he nodded and said, "Well, time for bed, kid, good night.", and left my room. I fixed my stuff and went to bed.

A/N: 385 words, I'm getting a hang of this and I've been watching CATCF on Netflix.