Chapter 8

THIRD POV

They all went inside the room and Mr. Wonka said, "Now, this is the most important room in the entire factory. Now, everyone enjoy yourselves, but just don't touch anything. Okay?"

Violet, Mike and Jason went to a tank filled with Oompa-Loompas diving with candy balls inside, "Hey, Mr. Wonka, what's this?", Violet asked.

"Oh! Let me show you.", he said as an Oompa-Loompa gave him a candy ball.

"Thank you. These are Everylasting Gobstoppers. They're of children who are given very little allowance money. You can suck on it all year, and it'll never get any smaller. Isn't that neat?", he said.

"It's like gum.", Violet said, Mr. Wonka looked at her and said, "No. Gum is for chewing and if you tried chewing one of these gobstoppers, you'd break all your little teeth off. They do sure taste terrific."

Mr. Wonka walk and they followed him, "And this is hair toffee. You suck down one of these little boogers, and it exactly half an hour, a brand-new crop of hair will start growing out all over the top of your little noggin. And a mustache. And a beard."

"Who wants a beard?", Mike said rudely, "Well, beatniks for one. Folk singers and motorbike riders. You know... all those hip, jazzy, super-cool, neat, keen and groovy cats.", Mr. Wonka said

"It's in the fridge, daddy-o. Are you hep to the jive? Can you dig what I'm laying down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother.", and sticks his hand out to Mike, who blankly stared at him.

"Unfortunately, the mixture isn't quite right yet, 'cause an Oompa-Loompa tried some yesterday, and well, he...", he trailed off and a very hairy Oompa-Loompa went to them and Mike looked at him in shock.

"How are you today?", Mr. Wonka said loudly and the Oompa-Loompa give him a thumbs up, "You look great.", he said nervously, trying not to hurt his feelings.

Then they went to a machine and Mr. Wonka pulled a lever, "Watch this.", as the machine turned on and it came out as a strip of gum, and Violet takes it.

"You mean that's it?", Mike said unimpressed, "What is that anyway?", Jason asked, "It's gum.", Violet said.

"Yeah. It's a stick of the most amazing and sensational gum in the whole universe. Know why? Know why?", he asked excitedly.

"'Cause this gum is a full three-course dinner all by itself.", he said and giggled, they were quiet and Mr. Salt asked, "Why would anyone want that?"

Mr. Wonka took out his cue cards and read, "It will be the end of all kitchens and all cooking. Just a little  strip of Wonka's magic chewing gum, and that is all you will... ever need at breakfast, lunch and dinner."

"This piece of gum happens to be tomato soup, roast beef and blueberry pie.", Mr. Wonka finished, "It sounds great.", Grandpa Joe said.

"It sounds strange.", Mrs. Gloop said, "It sound like my kind of gum.", Violet said as she puts her gum behind her ear.

"I-I'd rather you didn't there are still one or two things that are little-", Violet cuts him off saying confidently, "I'm the world record-holder of chewing gum. I'm not afraid of anything."

Then, Violet chewed the gum that Wonka, who looks doomed, invented, "How is it, honey?", Ms. Beauregarde said.

"It's amazing! Tomato soup! I can feel it running down my throat!", Violet exclaimed, "Yeah. Spit it out.", Mr. Wonka said.