Chapter 10- The Daughter of Water

I subconsciously felt the waters at peace. I could also feel that a quarter of an ounce of the pure energy had made its way into Blackjack. He was all but jumping up and down.

After my veins and eyes ceased glowing and I stopped shaking, Annabeth rushed over to me.

"Please don't be dead, come on Lily," she mumbled. My eyes were closed but I felt the worried tears of Annabeth's splash on my face. She pressed her finger against my throat. With a yelp of pain she jumped back, burning her finger on my skin.

"She is burning!" Annabeth yelled to the others, "literally!" The others gathered around my body.
Miss is still alive, BlackJack reported with a look in his mind's eye but neither of the girls could hear them. Instead he whined with a vigorous shake of his head. Annabeth watched him. She got the message and sighed in relief.

"Is she okay?" Said a voice that was unfamiliar, but distinctly female seeing the communication between Annabeth and the horse.

"She will live," Annabeth said thankfully, "but she was on Death's door step."

"What happened?" the girl, probably Calypso, said.

"I don't know, but we have to get back up to the boat, come on," Annabeth said. Hesitantly, she tapped my skin, praying she wouldn't find it still burning. "She is still hot but not burning," Annabeth told her companion. I felt her picking me up and putting me on Blackjack's back.
Then I felt his powerful muscles under me as he shot into the sky. I heard no wind blowing, no ocean raging. Had I done it? It had to have been me. In the back of my subconscious mind I wondered what the mysterious voice did with all of that energy.

Before I knew it I heard the clop clop clop, of hooves on the deck. I felt Blackjack's voice rush into my mind and Percy's.

Boss, the Little Miss is hurt, he said in our minds.

"Grover! Get the first aid kit!" he yelled at Grover. Percy rushed towards us. Annabeth was already pulling me off the Pegasus. Percy was then at my side. He touched my arm and winced. "She's burning up," he said, "what happened?"

"I don't know, we were about to take off and Blackjack was insanely tired, but so was Liz. I am not entirely sure what she did, but she tapped into a really big energy source. It almost killed her," Annabeth said. Almost in silence, Leo walked slowly over to Calypso. Even with all that was happening, actions of love were louder. I knew that Percy and Annabeth were still talking but my brain focused on Leo and Calypso.
"You, you came back for me?" Calypso said.

I could hear tears in her eyes.
"Of course I did, we have a garage to open," Leo said, obviously an inside joke.

Grover rushed over to me and handed Percy some ambrosia squares. I felt him put part of one in my mouth. Relief flooded through me. After a few more pieces the burning resolved to a throb. I opened my eyes, it tasted like my mom's homemade apple pie. It tasted so good. I could feel my body cooling off. I could see Annabeth, Percy, and Grover's face above mine. After the bright power of the pure energy, everything else seemed to be dulled and dim in comparison. I smiled. Percy grabbed my shoulders, and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't you scare me like that again," he said against my ear. He pulled away and looked at me, "If I am going to have a little sister, I need to know she's not going to pull an I-am-the-hero-so-I-should-sacrifice-myself-for-everyone-else stunt. Okay?" I laughed dryly despite his serious face and my throbbing body. His face broke into a smile.

I am so glad you are okay Little Miss, BlackJack told me, and I answered him with a tired smile.

"I'll fill you in in a little bit," I said to them. I sat up with help of Percy and I got my first real look at Calypso.
She wore a white t-shirt and blue jeans. Not all girls could pull off a look so bland but she managed to work it. She had long golden brown hair and brown eyes. She was beautiful. She stood only steps away from Leo. They were both crying. She finally stepped forward and put her hand on his cheek.