Claret

THE START

"I HAD NEVER IMAGINED SOMETHING LIVING IN FRONT OF OUR EYES BUT WE DON'T SEE IT. ALL BECUASE THEY TRY TO TELL US THEY EXIST BUT None OF US BELIEVES IT. SO I GUESS THEY'LL STAY HIDING FOREVER, AND WE WILL STAY DECREASING FROM BEING THEIR PRAY. SO I STAND RIGHT HERE IN THE DARK, SEEING THEM WATCHING ME, TRYING TO HUNT ME, THIRSTY FOR MY BLOOD."

CHAPTER ONE:

Seeing her

''

NO MORE SUMMER VACATION!'' I screamed willingly excited to go to school, as I jumped out of the bed, took a shower. I went then for breakfast, I ate my cereal as fast as I can, ''my sweet apple is going to grade nine, good luck with that year.'' Mom sighed as she washed the dishes. ''Thanks mom,'' I said while packing my bags. I have to call dad who is in Italy to tell him about my first day at school when I come back. ''Lisa!!'' My brother shouted from his bed, he absolutely needed help! ''What?!'' I shouted back, as I saw him fallen from his huge bed. Of course I went and helped him, ''Charlie! What made you fall from your bed?!'' I shouted hardly as I helped him up. Anything my brother did in his life was annoying to me! Anyways, I was thinking of the new people who are going to be in our school, will they be a friend with a short black haired, white-skinned girl just like me, or will they ignore me and go away? It's so hard I mean extremely hard to have new friends, the problem with me is that I never get so shy talking to a new person, and some people doesn't like that. ''Wow, it's raining, mom come see!'' I said pleased because I've always loved rain. '' Nice, now go to school before you are late.'' Mom said. ''Ok mom. Good-bye, see you later,'' I said while getting out, waiting for the school bus. When we arrived to school I saw Laura and Eric waiting for me at the school door. ''Hello! I missed you so much, friends!'' I said happy to see them. ''Hey, Liz miss you too, gurl!'' Eric always had to talk in the slang way, ''So? I suppose you're sad because summer vacation is no more!'' Laura said while we were going to class. ''NA! I like school really, it's pretty good!'' I said. ''Wow! A girl who likes school? NERD!!'' Eric said while bragging of his new shoes. We went to class together, but like always I had no chair next to Eric or Laura. I've sat next to a white really white, long black-haired really tall girl! She was looking in front of her as if I didn't even exist next to her! That seemed so rude, that she ignored me all the period without even a hi! Then at lunch she went to sit alone, I thought because she was new to this school she would need friends, I thought she was shy. So I went and sat next to her. ''Hi'' I said trying to be happy and unhurt of what happened in class, but as I expected she ignored me without even telling me her name or something. I stood up out of my place thinking what's wrong with her. She didn't like me, and as I said it's extremely hard to have friends! I don't really blame her not to be my friend I really think I'm a loser. I went to sit next to Laura, but the chairs next to her were full, then I sat next to Eric, ''You talked to the freak then?'' he asked exciting to hear my answer about it. ''Actually, she hadn't answered my (HI) she ignored me like the wind, I didn't even know her name!'' I said with unhappily. ''What did you expect from a freak then? Liz, I'm sure you're going to find better friends, right?'' he spoke. ''I guess you're right......I will have other than her.......you are really my best friend, Eric.'' I said fighting back my anger, anger as hot as fire! '' I'm just doing my job; I really must help my friends.'' He said smiling that I called him a best friend. He really was right I'd bring other friends, I shouldn't care at all. When (THE FREAK!) passed suddenly and touched my back, and then she got out of the cafeteria. ''Weird!'' Laura said as she came to sit next to us. '' Yes! So weird whatever! She tries to be awkward, she is already one!'' I mumbled. I went home. This time I couldn't hide my sadness inside me. I called dad, ''Hello, dad, it was a great day.'' I lied, ''everything is fine, and u?'' I asked trying to be excited to know. ''I'm fine sweets, I'm really happy to know that your first day at school was great!'' He said happily as he wanted to know some more. ''Yeah, dad, it was cool. But I still didn't have new friends. I only had my BFFs Eric and Laura.'' I admitted to dad but I also said that I didn't need more. I ended the call to go to my room and start showing my feelings of sadness. I couldn't sleep that day I was all about thinking why is she acting that way? I felt I was missing something, and I really hate it when I miss anything I feel stupid. When finally I fell asleep, I had a nightmare! The meeting was really my first nightmare, I dreamed that she was coming to talk to me in private, while Eric and Laura were looking at me in a strange way, obviously no emotion was on their faces, as if they were shocked or I am going into danger. I was totally worried but I didn't really feel scared. (THE FREAK) pushed me aside as if she was going to murder me without any witnesses or as if I'm her hostage....what did she want? It began like she was going to warn me from danger, unbelievable danger coming to me..........''Lisa, stay away from me, and don't try ever to talk to one of my family, you don't know how hard we work to not.............'' she didn't even continue the sentence ''Not to.........what?!'' I asked as if I wanted to know the answer so bad. But also anyone could read in my face that somehow I didn't want to know also. She looked at me tightly staring at me saying ''I'm hungry........run Lisa before I.........'' I kept wondering why she stops the sentence on the most important part I've always wanted to know. I woke up suddenly and realized that I was crying and sweaty, and that was the meeting......