5

Marinette frowned as she arrived at the Hotel late at night.

She had to change into a dress in the limo so she didn't look like a mess at the dinner with her parents.

When she came back, she had to change again in the limo on the way back to the hotel.

The dinner was nice. She got to spend time with her parents and Frederick, as well as her grandparents. She caught up with them and had a lot of fun. The dinner wasn't exactly formal in any way except for the attire and then having their dinner brought to them by the staff.

Marinette caught her grandmother throwing a few grapes at her grandfather, which made her giggle. They weren't the most proper royals, but it was enough.

But she was really tired nonetheless.

Marinette was practically dragging herself back to her hotel room, but stopped when she noticed Adrien, Nino and Alya talking to Mrs. Bustier.

"What's going on?"

"There was a problem with the electricity and air conditioning in the boys' rooms so I was gonna ask if they could stay in our rooms," Alya grinned at Nino, who gulped at his girlfriend.

"It's fine with me, but no funny business, and just until the problem is fixed," Mrs. Bustier smiles and bid them all goodnight.

"I've got dibs on Nino!" Alya snatched her boyfriend's arm and ran to her hotel room. Marinette and Adrien were left in the hallway, blushing as they realized they would be in the same room for the time being.

"Follow me," Marinette muttered and led him to the elevator.

"Oh, yeah. I was going to ask you," Adrien started as they entered the elevator. "How come you're in the royal suite?" Marinette froze, how did he know? Maybe he saw Frederick leaving her suite? But what was he doing up there anyway? They're on different floors.

"My parents pulled some strings," Marinette twiddled her thumbs as the elevator dinged.

"Oh," he breathed as he stepped into the suite. It was huge. The decorations were white and gold and it looked like a room fit for a princess. "This suite is amazing," he gaped. Yeah, he had his share of luxury, but nothing as extravagant as this suite.

"I know," Marinette admires the room as well, despite having slept in it for two days. She never got to really look at the room it was so beautiful. Marinette snapped out of her gaze and walked over to the bed. She sat down and huffed. "You can take the bed—"

"Oh no, please. I'm the one intruding here,"

"No no, you're not intruding. It's just... I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight," Marinette scratched the back of her head sheepishly.

"Why not?"

"I don't know, maybe I'm just nervous," she mumbled and walked over to the desk, sitting down and pulling out her sketch book.

"What would you have to be nervous about, Marinette?" Crap, now she had to explain herself.

"Uh... I just still have to meet a ton of my family and... I don't know if they'll like me," it was kind of true. She was gonna be coronated, so that was sort of like meeting China, who was kind of like family, but not really. They were the people she was going to rule over. And she didn't know if they would like her. And there were a lot of them.

"Oh, Marinette, I'm sure they'll love you," Adrien gave her a loving smile. I already do.

Pause— where did that come from?