7

The atmosphere between Adrien and Marinette felt lighter, somehow. They weren't so tense anymore.

Of course it was still awkward to sleep in the same bed, dating or not, they had just started dating, but it was okay for now.

Today was the day.

The royal family was going to have a press conference that would be broadcasted live and all over the world. Reporters had even flown in from different countries.

2:30 pm, be ready
- Bassy

Marinette smirked at the nickname but then frowned as she saw the time. It was almost One.

She decided telling Alya before the press conference would be better than after, that way Alya wouldn't be arrested for attempted murder on the Princess. Marinette shuddered at the thought of Alya's reaction. She would definitely try to kill her.

So there she was, kidnapping Alya. Marinette took her to her room, despite the protests of the caramel-skinned teen.

Surprisingly she took the news very well — although she did start screaming at first, which in turn confused all of Marinette's classmates — but eventually she calmed down long enough for Marinette to finish telling her everything.

She even told her about Adrien—

"Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. You and Adrien are...?" Alya held up her pointer finger and her other hand and formed an Okay sign and was just about to bring them together when Marinette realized what she was doing and shrieked, covering Alya's hands.

"No! No way!" Marinette cried out, her face and ears getting hot. "We're just dating!" Alya's shoulders sagged before she began squealing all over again.

Needless to say, Marinette walked out of her room with a headache.

Soon enough, 2:00 rolled around, Frederick had already sent her what her parents wanted her to wear for the press conference.

"Where are you going dressed like that Maritrash?" Marinette sighed and stopped in her tracks before turning to face the blonde brat.

"Why do you care, Chloe?" It was getting exhausting trying to deal with her.

"I don't! But I'm not going to let you embarrass me! What if people see you and find out you're in the same class as me?! I can't let common garbage like you ruin my reputation!" Marinette stared at her dumbfounded. She really fit the stereotype of a dumb blonde.

Marinette just rolled her eyes and turned to grab her shoes before closing her room door.

"What are you even doing on this floor?"

"Lila said Adrien was staying in this room and that you were —"

"I don't wanna hear what she said," Marinette raised a hand to stop her. She slipped on her red-bottoms and twisted her foot a little to get it comfortable. She heard Chloe gasp lightly and smirked before walking away.

"You'd better start getting ready, that press conference the class is supposed to go to is at two thirty sharp."

"I am ready!" Chloe sneered as Marinette looked back at her dismissively. She saw that Chloe was wearing a pastel yellow suit with a black blouse and black sparkly pumps.

"Oh, I didn't notice," Marinette smirked and walked out to the limo.

She was going to wear a suit and was given the option of wearing either a suit with a skirt or a pantsuit. Of course, she chose the pantsuit.

The pantsuit was pearl white with high-waisted dress pants and a red silk blouse, she didn't want to wrinkle the blazer so she kept it off until she arrived at the palace ballroom, which was where the conference was taking place.

She mentally thanked her mother for sending her those beautiful Louboutin red bottoms.

"Okay, Marinette. How are you feeling?" Frederick asked as he pulled up in front of the palace.

"Petrified, how about you?" Marinette answered as she played with her hands nervously.

Frederick chuckled and reached back to pinch her cheek.

"You'll be fine, it's not like you haven't spoken in front of people before. Aren't you class president at your school?"

"Yes but that's with people I know! I see my classmates every day! And they're considerably fewer than everyone in China," she huffed in frustration and grabbed her blazer. "But whatever, let's just get this over with," she slipped on the blazer and twirled the two loose strands of hair to frame her face. Her hair was up in a beautiful messy bun with her bangs out and of course the two strands of hair.

"You look great, let's go!" Frederick rushed as the clock showed 2:23 pm. Marinette winced at the time and rushed out of the limo.

She met her parents at the ballroom which was going to be opened to the press at exactly 2:30.

"Maman! Papa! I missed you guys!" She tackled them in a hug as they chuckled.

"We missed you too, sweetie. Are you ready for today?" Sabine asked her daughter as she pulled away from the hug.

"I think so, but I'm a bit nervous, I don't know how the rest of my classmates will react,"

"They're your friends, Marinette," Tom started, putting a large hand on his daughter's shoulder. "They'll understand,"

"I hope so,"

———————

2:30

It was time.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press, thank you for being so patient." Tom announced. The class stared at Tom in shock, what was he doing here? Why was he leading the conference?

"Do you have a special announcement for this afternoon, your majesty?" A reporter asked with his hand raised. Your Majesty?????

"Yes, in fact. Today we will be revealing the date of the coronation of our princess, as well as welcoming her back home."

Wait— if he is your majesty then the princess must be...!

The reporters gasped and began asking rapid fire questions.

"When did the princess arrive?"

"Will we see her today?"

"Why did she leave in the first place?"

"What does the princess have to say about her ten year disappearance?"

"Everyone, please calm down, all questions will be answered in a timely manner." The room quieted as the owner of the voice walked into the ballroom.

"Marinette?!?" The class called out in confusion, except for Adrien and Alya, of course. Mrs. Bustier glared and motioned for them to be quiet, to which they obeyed immediately.

"No wait! I demand for someone to explain to me what Maritrash is going up to the podium for!" Chloe shrieked, causing everyone to either gape at her rudeness or facepalm.

"Miss Bourgeois, always a pleasure," Marinette smiled at the fuming blonde before turning back to the press. "Hello everyone, I'm sure you all know me, but I'm case you don't, I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng, Princess of China." She smiled brightly as the press excitedly began asking questions.