waking up in afterlife

Slowly gaining his consciousness back Cayden groaned out, not feeling too comfortable on the hard, yet at the same time soft surface he was lying on but the light he could feel on his face made it hard for him to open his eyes. Then the light over his face darkened and Cayden slowly tried to open them. Squishing them into small slits he could make out a figure towering over him.
“Oh, you woke up!” they chimed and then moved out of the way and Cayden immediately closed his eyes again, getting blinded by the sun. He slowly propped himself up, bringing one Hand in front of his eyes so he could slowly try and open them yet again. He still squinted them but he could make out a wide green field around him and knitted his eyebrows. What was he doing in such a place? And why was he sleeping here?
“I know this must be quite the shock for you. You just died and then woke up here after all,” the random person said and Cayden looked over to her. He died? All he could remember was- nothing? Besides his name that is. But it was interesting to know that either he actually died, or that this was some stupid prank someone pulled on him. Which still didn’t explain why he couldn’t remember anything though.
“Please don’t worry, I’ll explain everything to you and show you around. Consider me as your guide until you found your place here in the afterlife,” the girl explained while holding her hand out for Cayden to take. He did and she pulled him up on his legs. He rubbed his eyes once again before trying his best to keep them open but the light was still a little bit too bright for his liking.
“My name is Soraya. Can I know your name as well?” she asked and Cayden nodded, only now noticing how strange she looked. Her physical appearance in general was normal but her veins weren’t bluish but white.
“Cayden,” he mumbled, then looked around only to see a huge glass dome in which a whole city was enthroned. He gaped at the sight before Soraya nudged his side.
“That’s Aercrest. It’s where we live and it will be your new home as well,” she walked past him, heading in the direction of said City, “Follow me, I’ll bring get you in and get you registered.” Cayden was still rather confused about the situation. He looked around again for a second before stumbling behind the girl. His legs felt oddly weak but he regained his posture and properly walked besides her.
“You said this was the afterlife?” he asked, hoping to get at least some answers and the girl next to him hummed.
“It is. I know a lot of people believe in heaven or hell but this place is the true afterlife. The place where everyone ends up when they die. You can be glad we found you,” she explained but it only ended up in even more questions than before. What would’ve happened if they hadn’t found him? Who are ‘they’ to begin with and could he even trust that girl or ‘them’?
He once again turned around and looked behind him but he could only see a forest far in the back. Noticing that the city seemed to be the only logical solution for now if he wanted to survive he decided to go along with the strange girl for now. Then he felt something wet on his cheek and turned back around. There, right in front of him, were several little droplets of what he guessed had to be water. The point was, they were floating in mid-air, not falling down. Even if he couldn’t remember his past, he still seemed to be able to remember the basics of how the world was supposed to work and this occurrence surely wasn’t supposed to just happen. Or at least he though.
“Come on, we have to get back inside,” the girl said, nudging him to start walking again, “I know usually rain falls down so this is quite new for you, but I can explain that on the way.” Then Cayden started walking again, careful not to hit even more raindrops but he had found that there were Paths through the raindrops. Maybe they were from people walking through it before?
“The time here works a little bit different. It’s kind of crazy to be honest but you will get used to it eventually. Don’t worry,” Soraya said nonchalant and Cayden gulped, looking around once more before finally nodding.
“Not only the time,” the girl spoke up again, glancing at him for a second, then looking back to the city that came closer with each step and only seemed to grow in size, "You probably already noticed that my veins are rather pale, right?” Cayden just hummed as reply and she chuckled.
“My blood is quite pure which is a good sign here. Depending on how much one has done wrong in their past life, the darker and dirty their blood is. This city takes in those whose blood is at least red, everything below that isn’t welcomed since we want a peaceful environment for those who are nice people. We don’t need liars or even murderers in our city,” she explained and Cayden immediately checked his wrists, looking which colour his veins were showing and was surprised when they looked white. Somehow he had expected them to have a bluish colour instead.
“Don’t worry, your blood seems pretty pure as well but we will know more as soon as we get to the city and can get your blood tested. Depending on how pure it is, you will get an apartment, a job and everything else you need. And I will stay by your side until you fully grew used to Aercrest and the circumstances the afterlife brings along”, she explained further and he just nodded again. The city had gotten quite close at this point and Cayden could make out a big gate, expecting it to be the entrance.
“What happens to those whose blood is darker than red?” he asked looking around yet again but the only place that seemed inhabited was the dome in front of them.
“I don’t know but they sometimes try and get those with pure blood in their hands. I do’n’t know what they are doing with those they get their hands on but I’m glad we were able to find you before they did,” she mumbled, looking around carefully and Cayden copied her, looking around as well. When he didn’t see anything he looked back at Soraya but her focus was at the city again.
She waved her hand at someone and when Cayden followed her gaze he saw two figures standing at the gate. When they got into hearing range one of the two spoke up, startling Cayden a little bit since the woman had quite a deep voice,
“I see you found him. Bring him to the facility so he can get tested.” Then the two guards opened the doors and Soraya shoved him through them. They walked into a sparkling clean hallway, not even one light flickering and he didn’t know what he would’ve rather wanted to happen. This place already seemed too perfect somehow but maybe he was just being paranoid.
They headed left and Soraya opened a random door on the right side before letting him in. He just gave her an awkward smile before stepping into the small room, not too sure if he had made the right choice. There was a chair on one side and a table with some papers on it right next to it. Beneath and above the tale were random drawers, probably filled with even more papers or other utensils. 
“Sit down on the chair so I can test you. It won’t hurt a lot, just a little sting and then it’s over,” she said in a sweet and calming voice and Cayden complied, gulping slightly. He hadn’t had much other choice at the moment anyways. Soraya opened one of the drawers and pulled out a tube like thing that he couldn’t identify, then she turned back around to him.
“You don’t have to be worried at all. I can tell your going to be a royal just like me. Your life will be nice. Maybe you will even be allowed to become a guide as well. It’s quite an honour if one’s deemed worthy enough and pure enough since this job presuppose quite a big amount of trust on you.” She held out a hand, her palm facing upwards indicating him to place his hand in hers. When he did she bought up the tube to his index finger and held it onto the tip before pressing a small button,
“Oww,” Cayden whinced at the sting. He guessed it had been a needle that poked into his skin at the top of his finger for a short moment. The girl only chuckled before turning around, still holding onto his hand so he wouldn’t pull it away. She put the tube on the table, then got a small paper strap and put it on a random device she pulled out of one of the drawers again.
“I’ll have to get a drop of your blood, then this little machine here will calculate your purity level so we can give you an appropriate home. Everything else will be settled the next few days so you will be able to rest after this, okay?” she said, then started massaging his finger so the blood would spill out.
Her eyes widened at the white drop of blood that formed on his finger but she didn’t say another word and only held the paper strip on it. It soaked up the blood and after a few more seconds it beeped once.
“That can’t be,” Soraya mumbled before rushing out of the room. Cayden sat there with his stinging finger, not knowing what the heck just happened. He thought white blood was good so where did something go wrong? And what went wrong? Then Soraya came back, followed by a rather old looking man that had the Machine in his hands.
“Sir who are you?” the male asked but it only confused Cayden even more.
“My name is Cayden,” he said confused but the old man only shook his head.
“No, that’s not what I mean. Who are you that you managed to get a Purity level of 100%? Every human makes mistakes sometimes so how did you manage not to make even a single one?” he asked again but Cayden didn’t know how to answer at all so he asked the one question that had been lingering on his tongue for a while now,
“Am I supposed to remember my past life?”