15. Reunion

Birdgirl, Haircut, Professor Egghead and Chucky joined me in the cells. Grim Reaper isn't here anymore, he was taken away.

They told me about everything I missed: About the '50's. About how Sara, Haircut and Birdgirl got stranded there. About what happened with Chucky. About going to the future, twice. About the wild west. About the Pilgrim, who was trying to kill their younger selves. About how they were close to killing Savage, but ended up capturing him to save a future version of Birdman. (That last part is really stupid.)

It seems like they forgave Chucky, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to forgive me. That's assuming we get out of here, which we probably won't.

Professor egghead coughs again. "Martin, are you okay?" Birdgirl asks him.

"I'm required to merge with Jefferson periodically in order to maintain nuclear cohesion." He explains. I kind of missed his fancy talk.

"Then sending him away on the Jumpship probably wasn't the greatest idea." Chucky says.

"Given the circumstances we're under, I'm suprised any of us are alive." He replies.

"Oh, you'll be dead soon. Just like everyone else in this room. Except for us, of course" I say, gesturing to Chucky and me.

"You guys are getting of easy." Chucky adds.

"What gives you two the free pass?" Haircut asks.

I sigh. "They want me alive, so I can play their doctor for eternity. And as for my brother-"

Chucky cuts me off. "They have other plans for me."

Birdgirl gets it. "As Chronos."

"They're gonna try and put me through the induction process again."

The professor gets it too. "Brainwashing?"

"Kill's most men, Professor." He replies. "And those that don't die, end up like mindless goats."

Haircut doesn't get it. "But Snart said you weren't mindless when you were Chronos."

"Not any more than usual, anyway." Birdgirl says. I give her an angry look.

He starts explaining. "I was at first, but then they told me my sister died. That's when I remembered. I remembered how much I hated all of you and I went looking for vengeance."

Then the guards walk in. "Ah, gentlemen, I missed you." Chucky shouts.

"Come on in." He says. I would tell them to back off or at least try to do something about it, but I know it wouldn't matter. I can only watch. I'm actually kind of relieved that they aren't killing him. At least now he has a chance.

"Ah, that's it. Oh, yeah, break my arm." He grunts.

They also take Birdgirl. Haircut obviously doesn't like it. "Hey, what are you doing? Why are you taking her? Hey!?"

Halfway into the room, she brings out her wings and attacks the guards. She takes out two of them, but then she lets her guard down and ends up getting shot in the back. The guards grab her and take her away while Haircut keeps shouting: "Kendra! Kendra!"

After a while they bring Grim Reaper back in. "Rip?" Haircut asks.

"Oh, my God, they've tortured him." Professor egghead says in shock.

He walks into his cell. "What did they do to you?" I ask him.

"They showed me the truth. Druce showed me something called the Oculus. They've been controlling us all. Nothing we've done so far has been of our own accord. We've been following a script laid out by the Time Masters." Grim Reaper replies.