Chapter 1

Nobody prepared for the day that they landed, we thought their messages had been a hoax. We ignored them, and took them as a natural phenomenon. We didn't think that we were weak enough to have everything taken from us, for us to not be in control.

They first landed in a small town in Germany, the media loved it, they smelled a fortune off of that story so it didn't take long before most people had heard of it. Of course we still didn't take it seriously though, why should we? There had been thousands of claims of aliens beforehand. The stories come a dime a dozen.

We should have listened.

After a month or so there had been multiple more landings, and we finally started believing the truth, that aliens had landed on Earth. We left them alone at first, no harm no foul, they wouldn't hurt us if we didn't hurt them.

Eventually when the aliens were comfortable enough, they started to interact with humans. The media picked up on this quickly, and soon they were on radio talk shows, and being interviewed by big corporations.

They told us they only wanted one thing, they wanted to bring us peace and prosperity, they wanted to be our protectors. That was the first red flag.

The second red flag came when they began to talk to politicians and began butting into our legal systems. More aliens came as time went on, we were all mesmerized by them so we didn't want to see them leave, we began to consider them when making laws.

I hadn't ever seen an alien until they began living with humans, I avoided watching news stations where they often gave interviews and I didn't go out of my way to look them up on the internet.

They honestly creeped me out more than anything and I didn't feel like giving myself any reasons to get the shivers.

Eventually they began to live like us, probably to gain our trust even more, but we didn't mind. They weren't a problem.

I remember the first time I ever saw an alien, it was in the summer. I had been in recovery clinics and at home while the aliens were getting acquainted with Earth, so I never had the chance to meet one in person until that day.

I had been feeling depressed and my therapist's words telling me to focus on something else rang through my head, so I did. I went on a walk.

I walked to my local park and began on the trail, my mind only focusing on my feet hitting the ground. I needed to calm myself before I decided to drown myself in the swan pond. Not that I would, drowning hurts too much to do it again.

My sandals lacked a back strap and were worn beyond repair, but I loved them. Unfortunately my sandals and concrete don't like each other.

I was constantly tripping over myself, but it was just a small price to pay for the level of comfort that they provided me. I had been strolling for a mile before the infamous Rudy the tree root showed up to mess with me.

It's small enough to hide, but big enough to trip you, and trip I did like usual. My toe in too much agony to save the rest of me, my knees and palms took the brute of the fall. I scooted off of the sidewalk and onto the grass to assess the damages.

My hands and left knee were okay, but my right knee was bleeding hard. It stung and brought mini-tears to my eyes. I threw my hood over my head and held my knee to my chest, hoping that after a few minutes the pain would cease.

It only took a few moments before I felt a presence in front of me, I looked up and there she was. She looked like a human but she was tall, too tall, definitely taller than Shaq, and Shaq's really tall. Her irises as black as her pupil, she was intimidating.