Chapter 10

Dick Grayson rushed through the halls of the tower, carrying Katarina's limp form in his arms. Her wound was already beginning to clot, and deep down Dick hoped that she had received some of her fathers genes. At least that would give her a fighting chance to survive this. He could barely hear her shallow breathing over his own. Jason had known what he was doing, and the wound gave her a very small sliver of a chance at survival.

He gently set her down on the hospital bed in their medical room. Donna and Dawn followed him in, and then ushered him out of the room so they could see what they could do for her.

A few minutes later the door of the med bay was pushed open. Only Dick stood there now, having sent the rest of the team away for now. Donna walked out, her expression purposely neutral.

"Is she okay?" Dick asked, searching Donna's face for any indication of Katarina's state.

"She's already almost fully healed." Donna answered, the undertone in her voice was obvious and they both knew what it meant. She was most definitely Slade's daughter. "But we can't let her stay there. She's dangerous and you saw what happened back there, she almost killed some of us." Donna said, gesturing down the hall at where the training room was.

"I know." Dick replied, gazing sadly past Donna and into the med bay where Katarina was still unconscious.

--------

The team was gathered in the control room, all standing around the control panels. Gar was seated at the desk, with the rest gathered around him. Dick and Jason stood at the back, up against the doorway. Their eyes were all focused on the central screen on the wall across from them.

It showed current footage of a tiny room, or more of a cell really. Katarina's tiny form was laid out in the center, just barely stirring. Her eyelashes fluttered before her dark eyes finally opened. Taking in her surroundings for a short moment, she glanced around before realizing where she was. She leapt to her feet and something flickered through her eyes before her expression grew into one of pure rage. Her eyes focused in on the security camera in the upper corner of the cell and it looked like she was staring at them through the camera.

"Let us the fuck out of here." She said, her voice dripping with rage and venom as it played through the speakers. "Let us the fuck out of here!" she repeated.

She almost winced and turned away from the camera. After a few long moments her hair whipped around her face as her head swiveled from side to side wildly. She frantically searched for an exit, and when she couldn't find one her breathing quickened and her heartbeat skyrocketed. She began shaking and then stumbled once, twice and sunk to the ground looked shellshocked and terrified. Her mouth opened and a broken, piercing shriek began pouring from the speakers.

Gar quickly muted the sound, though her panic was still visible through the video footage. They all eventually dragged their gaze away from the screens and looked around at eachother.

"We can't keep her in there forever." Dawn finally said, breaking the silence.

"We need to talk to her, she's terrified." Rachel said sympathetically, remembering her time locked in the convent.

"She's fucking crazy," Hank said harshly, gesturing at the camera feed. "We gotta get rid of her somehow. She tried to kill all of us."

"Rachel's right, she's probably terrified. She needs help." Gar added.

Dick sighed, "We'll figure out what to do with her. We should probably let her calm down though." He said and then promptly walked out of the room. Slowly, the rest of the Titans left the control room until it was only Gar left watching the video feed with pity.

--------

At the entrance of the tower and next to the speaker stood a woman and a dog. "What did you say your name was again?" Gar asked her.

"Eve Watson." She said, "Please let me in. I know this doesn't make any sense but I was led here by a dog. Is there someone named Conner here?"

Kory appeared behind Gar, "Let her up." she instructed.

--------

Eve sat on Conners bed holding his hand in her own. "I'm so sorry." She said.

"Save the apology," Kory said. "Can you help him?"

"Maybe if I had gotten here sooner, but...the kryptonite poisoning has gone too far."

"Seriously?! Is that the best you got?"

"I'm a scientist." Eve said and stood up to face Kory, "I'm not god."

"You just told me you created him, You're the closest thing to god he has. Half of his dna is from a guy who lifts skyscrapers and flies faster than the speed of light so fucking try." Kory argued.

"It's not about speed or strength!" Eve said. "In order to save him we need a level of radiation that can't be found here on this Earth. We would need to fly him to the sun and we don't have time for that. By now, in order to save him, we would need to bring the sun here." Eve explained.

Kory smiled. "Why didn't you just say so?"