Chapter 14

The doors to the Titans armory slid open, as Jericho and Jacob walked in, followed by Dawn and Dick. They marveled silently at the suits each in their separate compartments.

"This is who we are," Dick said as the two looked around.

The boys looked back at him, as Dick spoke again. "Titans." He specified and Jericho resumed looking around at the five suits while Jacob watched Dick and Dawn.

"I'm Dove," Dawn said. "Hank is Hawk."

"Donna is wondergirl." Dick added. "and I'm Robin." he finished.

Jericho smiled as he made his way back over to them, but then looked back worriedly at Jacob when his friend didn't follow. Jacob had his eyes squeezed shut and his hands pressed against his forehead in pain. He quickly and shakily signed something at them before running out of the armory.

Dick looked to Dawn for an explanation. "He said Migraine, he'll be okay." she said, looking towards the doorway after him worriedly.

Jericho ran out of the room after Jacob, but returned a few minutes later. He signed to Dawn who let out a small sigh of relief. "Jacobs going to be okay, but he left." Dawn translated for Dicks sake.

She then looked back at Jericho, "We would love for you to join us, be a Titan too." Dawn said, bringing their former conversation back. Jericho's eyes lit up in excitement and he spun around before smiling brightly at them. Dick hated to burst Jericho's happy bubble, but he and Dawn had agreed on all cards on the table.

"But there's something you need to know"

--------

Days later, Jericho walked into the church, looking around. Jericho slowly walked up the aisle towards the front. Slade stepped out from behind the cases and boxes and stood in front of his son.

"Son."

"I should go." Jericho signed at his father.

"You wanted the truth so here it is." Slade said, walking towards Jericho. "No more lies. This is who I am. This is who I've become."

"You think one visit will solve everything dad?" Jericho signed angrily. "You did this to me." he said and pointed to his neck.

"Was it worth it?" Jericho asked and Slade looked away. "Look at me!" he signed angrily.

Slade reached back, causing Jericho to take a step backwards. Slade took out the cuff that he had given Jericho. "I'm so sorry son, almost losing you to the titans made me realize...how much I failed you as a father. But you chose family first. I'm proud of you, you didn't make the same mistake I did." He held the cuff out towards Jericho, who took another step back.

"You need to be honest." Jericho signed.

"And i will, no more secrets between us." Slade promised. Jericho looked down at the cuff again and reached out to take it, but Slade took it back and pocketed it. He stepped forward. "I can hear your heartbeat." he said. "I can hear you breathe." he continued as Dick stepped out of the shadows, fully outfitted in his Robin suit. " I knew you were coming before the thought even entered your head."

Jericho ran forward. "You promised." Jericho signed at Dick.

"I'm sorry Jericho. Your father killed again, he has to be stopped." Dick replied.

"You did this?" Slade asked, looking at Jericho. "You told him we were meeting?"

"Dad I had no idea he'd follow me." Jericho signed.

"Don't blame yourself son." Slade said. "The titans like to act like they're heroes but they're hypocrites. They used you."

"He's lying." Dick told Jericho.