Chapter 12

"A diagnosis for what I'm thinking this is often takes years, and I'm no psychiatrist." Eve began, trying to preface what she was about to say.

"Spit it out." Jason said impatiently.

"I think she has a severe dissociation disorder, and from what Gar told me about last night it's possible she has a personality disorder along with it. Remember, this is probably just as new and terrifying to her as it is to you." Eve explained carefully.

"Great, so she really is a psycho. What did I tell ya?" Jason commented rudely, to which Rachel and Gar each shot him a dirty look.

"So can you help her?" Gar asked, looking back at Eve.

"Not well, no. Like I said, I'm not psychiatrist. The best you can do is talk to her and try to understand and help her yourself." Eve said, "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get going." With that she left the control room.

Dick walked out of the room, and proceeded to leave the tower on his motorcycle. Everyone else looked around at eachother, unsure of what to do with the information they had just learned from Eve. Slowly they all left the control room again leaving Katarina pacing around on the screen alone.

--------

A while later Jason stormed out of the main room after the team had accused him of drawing crucifixes on Rachels mirror, leaving bourbon for Hank, the picture of Ellis for Dawn, and the orange soda bottle for Donna. Just as he was leaving the doors to the elevator opened and Dick walked in, a gun in hand.

"He's here." Dick said.

"What?" Hank asked in confusion.

"Deathstrokes here. In the tower. He took pictures of all of us." Dick elaborated.

Gar walked into the room. "You guys sure know how to ruin a nap."

"Dick talk to me, whats with the gun?" Hank asked.

"Psst, someones missing." The hallucination of Bruce informed Dick.

Dick looked around the room, "Jason," he said and ran out of the room.

--------

Dick opened the door and walked out onto the roof, where he saw Jason standing on the edge.

"Jason!" He shouted.

"I keep falling." Jason said, staring out over the city.

"You're okay" Dick said.

Jason shook his head, "No, it won't stop." He said, his voice breaking.

"Listen-" Dick started.

"Bruce wasn't the first one, you know.  Who tried to help me. I could make a list, teachers, relatives, cops...you. Nobodys been up to the task Dick. I got a poison in me. Shit spreads and can infect the healthiest people."

Dick looked away. "Why don't you just step away..."

He shook his head again, "No." still standing by the edge of the rooftop.

"Step away from the ledge Jason."

Dick walked over to the edge of the roof and sat down. "We can sit up here quietly, together." he said.

"I fucked it all up," Jason said. "coming here. and its happened before. I once spent two nights in juvie and four fucking people died. It follows me like a curse."

Dick looked back at Bruce and then at Jason. "Nothing's following you" he said.

"I'm the reason they all hate eachother." Jason said, "The reason that kid got shot, the reason this place won't work." He took a deep shuddering breath. "But I can fixit. Remove the poison." he said and took a step forward.