Where it all began...

Silver Crow Academy.

Raquel and Phoenix were elbow-locked with Quinn, Shade-Marie and Aria as they crossed the portal. The school was buzzing with its usual Orientation Day excitement and anxiety. The fountain at the heart of the concrete quad still blew water. The dormitory skyscraper was still black with the statues of the school founders perched on the element heads' floor. Teachers and students alike were everywhere, exchanging 'welcome back', 'welcome to Silver Crow Academy', and 'how was your summer'. Mr Haynes nodded at his daughter and her friends as he departed from them.

"That's a lot of dead people," Shade-Marie whispered. They all turned to her as Aria absorbed some of Shade-Marie's powers and spread it throughout her body.

Aria shook her head lightly. "At least you can turn it on and off, now."

Headmaster Connaught grinned at the five girls when he passed them. "Welcome back, ladies," he greeted warmly and Shade-Marie turned off her death-sense.

"Guys!" Onyx hurried from the portal up to them and the girls gathered him in a bear hug. "It's only been three weeks!" They let go of him and his bright smile faltered as he looked passed them. "Isn't that Aria's bird?"

They turned to see Pasquale leaning against a tree - with a shirt on. Aria shrugged as she made her way to him and as soon as he saw her, me marched up to her. He said nothing and only handed them the rolled up letter. He cupped her cheek warmly then left mutely. The other guardians were already behind her when she turned around. Aria opened the letter that read:

'I have watched over Zenith and the Cosmic for millenia. I have watch over you all from a time before you were born. Upon learning who you are as people and not just guardians, you have taught me a valuable lesson.

Do recall at your coronation I stated that our knowledge must continuously grow as the times shift. Time has shifted for me more than I ever dared admit. Thanks to you're wiles, wit, courage and compassion, I can confidently say that my time has come.

I've lived off of my brother's evil for far too long now. I suppose, it was my way of being close to him. Hoping I would one day hear Apocalypse say he has forgiven me. You all have awakened me from that unreal dream.

I once told you that a guardian would rather die on the feet then live on their knees. I have lived on my knees throughout the ages. I now stand stronger than ever.

I will always watch over you.
Sithandra'

"There," Shade-Marie yelled and pointed to the dormitory building but she passed it with them following her blindly. The new Death paused slowly on the sports field that was desolate.

Aria took her hand and everyone grabbed onto some part of Aria. "Why," the King of Alinea asked.

Sithandra only shook her head then took in each of them. "Because it was not just the Horsemen that stood your way of true peace." She turned to Raquel. "You will have your normal school year. You will also each do great things with your lives. Be it here or in Zenith. Pasquale is now the regent of the Luminosity. Please," she pleaded warmly, "take care of the asterisms, take care of your loved ones, take care of yourselves and take care of each other."

Sithandra vanished and the warm day suddenly went cold yet Shade-Marie smiled with a nod. "I understand," she whispered to herself. "It still sucks though."

"Agreed," Phoenix stated. "Don't you two have orientation?"

"Crap," the darkness guardian stated casually. "More people."

Onyx chuckled lightly as he chivalrously offered her his elbow. "We'll catch up with you guys when we're done."

"We'll be in my room; twenty-sixth floor, second door to your left," Aria instructed and the two vanished. The four friends were left alone and Aria grinned reminiscing about the passed four years. "We're graduating this year," she stated ruefully. "It feels like high school just sped away from us."

"I can't believe we've only been friends for four years now." They nodded at Raquel - who suddenly perked up. "Guys. Four years ago today we met! Happy anniversary." She tightened her hold on them and Phoenix started laughing.

They turned back to the school, all remembering their adventures together. Headmistress Cade and the eternal flame; ex-president Safers and her plan to destroy Dracaena; being the first outsiders to see all five Draconic tribes; and finding a new asterism.

Even the lesser adventurous memories were playing through their minds. Meeting and getting to know Onyx and Shade-Marie; traveling around Earth, courtesy of Quinn's private jet; their Equinox Balls over their time at Silver Crow; not to mention spending school breaks in Dracaena!

"This is where it all started for us," Quinn stated.

Raquel nodded as she added, "I'm glad it ends here."