university

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

U N I V E R S I T Y

Ellie clung onto Paige as she was talking to Joel about football. The blonde drowns out their chatter, wanting nothing more than to find the glass building and rest. They had been travelling for a while now, and the thought of getting close to the endgame excited her more than anything.

"Hey." Paige pipes up, interrupting Joel and Ellie, "University of Eastern Colorado." she nods up to the bold letters and the picture of the school's mascot.

"This is your stop kiddo." Joel says. The trio had made up during the journey, and they closer than they were before, which is why Joel's words came out sad.

"Guess so." Ellie fakes a smile, suppressing a sigh as they ride further into the university. Jumping over mounds of barbed wire and turning around rolled over cars, "okay, none of these buildings look like a mirror to me."

"Well, we'll head to central grounds, should be able to see most of the campus from there." Joel explains, riding his horse up a bank, leading the pair behind him over to a garage.

He jumps off of his horse, commanding, "stay, Callus." He cringes, "what kind of name is Callus anyway."

"Not our fault you forgot to ask Tommy his name." Ellie smirks, scooting forward on the saddle as Paige got off of their horse to follow her father.

"Yeah, pops, you're just jealous because our horses name is cooler." Paige pats Callus before picking up some parts and begins modifying parts of her beloved shotgun.

"Celestia is a stupid name." Joel grumbles, picking a flamethrower, taking the left over ammunition beside it.

Both girls let out overdramatic gasps, the blonde clutching her chest in mock hurt, "Celestia is a beautiful name."

Ellie nods, huffing, "of course it is, especially since I came up with it."

Joel, with the new weapon strapped to his back, wanders over to the work bench, as Paige had now moved away, rummaging through the ransacked drawers, "whatever you say kiddos."

"so these places... people would live here and just study? Even though they were all grown up?" Ellie asks them, leaning forward to pet Celestia's mane.

"Yeah, study, party and find themselves. Figure out what they wanted to do with their lives." Joel tells her, opening a door to the upper levels of the building.

"What they wanted to do with their lives." Ellie murmers.

Paige goes to the top floor, walking out onto the balcony she spots a bunch of supplies lying by some chairs, "there was a lookout here." she tells them, picking up a letter.

"That's a good sign." Ellie yells out, shielding her eyes from the blaring sun.

After a few minutes, the duo had jogged their way back to the girl, climbing onto the horses and riding further, until they found an eroding building, "how many people do you think are here?" Ellie asks, "fireflies, I mean."

"Reckon it takes quite a crew to run that operation." The man explains.

"Do you think there'll be other people there my age?" The teen wonders aloud.