abby

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

A B B Y

Paige and Lila sit at the back of the theatre room on the red, uncomfortable seats. Lila's head was resting on Paige's shoulder and playing with her hand while Paige just stared ahead, where Joel sat on the stage near Jesse and Tommy.

Tommy and Jesse were lost in a conversation of their own, "this is all my fault." Paige whispers and if it weren't for the closeness between the two girls, Lila was sure she wouldn't have heard it.

Lila's dark eyes look up at her, almost half asleep she asks, "what're you talking about?"

"My dad." Paige replies, a lump got stuck in her throat as Joel didn't take his hazel eyes away from her, instead offering a comforting smile which only made her feel worse, "it's my fault he's dead."

Lila straightens up and cups the side of Paige's face to make her look at her. Paige melts into her warm hold, "none of this is on you."

Tears slips out of Paige's chrystal eyes and her voice breaks, "no, no... you don't understand-"

Lila cuts her off, "babe, listen to me. I don't know what's going on in that pretty little head of yours, but this is not your fault. Believe me." She tries to smile at her, but Paige just shakes her head and closes her eyes.

"Ellie's immune." Paige reveal to her girlfriend, avoiding looking at her dead on.

"What?" Lila asked with wide eyes, her hand dropping from the blonde's cheek.

"We travelled across the country with her... to get her to the Fireflies. But when the time came, we couldn't do it. So... we killed them." Paige explains, her head had dropped during the confession and Lila turned to face forward, stunned by the information. "They were ex fireflies."

"Uh, wow... okay." The brunettes words were short as she struggled to speak, she snaps out of her senses and looks at Paige once more, tearing up a little at her partners broken expression. "None of this, any of it, is your fault." Lila repeats, her voice strong despite the little waver.

Paige looks down towards the stage again, Joel hadn't moved, he only sat and stared, he mouthed a little 'I love you' before vanishing from his daughters mind.

She lets out a shaky breath, she needed to see him in that moment, but he was no where to be seen, "I wish I could believe you."

The girls sat in silence as Ellie appeared from behind the red curtain, "come on." Lila says gently, leading Paige down to their family.

"Where you going?" Tommy asks the redhead. He sends a comforting smile to his niece who's eyes were red and slightly puffy.

"Needed some air." Ellie shrugs, looking down at the map, "what're you guys doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep." Tommy replies.

Jesse waves them all over to huddle over the map, "come take a look at this. Thought is to head home via Ellensburg."

"We're in Fall City by tomorrow we're doing good." Tommy says, dragging his finger across the map.