baldwin cabin

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

B A L D W I N  C A B I N

When Paige got home that night, Lila was already in their bed waiting. The room was lit up with the brunettes favourite candles while she read a book, she said the dimmer lights helped her concentrate.

But when Paige fell into bed with a large smile on her face, Lila folded the page she was reading and set it down on the table beside her. The blonde pulled the girl towards her for a hug and presses her face in the crook of Lila's neck, leaving a trail of light kisses.

"What's wrong, babe?" Lila asked, giggling at the soft kisses.

"I'm just really happy right now." Paige whispered, hugging her closer.

Lila sighed happily, rolling over she blew out the candles and kissed Paige's cheek, "go to sleep, babe."

"Okay." The taller girl nods, she pulls Lila to her chest and rests her head on top of hers. Soon enough, Lila's snores fill the room, slowly lulling Paige to rest.

. • ° ______ ° • .

Paige's blue eyes snap open when there was a knock at the door, a rather loud one at that, which is why she was surprised that the brunette didn't wake up too.

Groaning, she gently places Lila's head on a pillow. She cringes at the cold floor but makes her way downstairs, avoiding the creaking floorboards.

She twists the door knob to find her father waiting in the other side, "do you have any idea what time it is?" She groans out, wiping her eyes tiredly.

Joel chuckles, "come on kiddo, get dressed. Maria wants us to scout out early, apparently there's been sightings of a horde up north."

Paige lightly bangs her head against the door frame, "seriously?This was suppose to be my day off, I had things planned."

"I know, I know. Just a couple of hours, I promise." Joel outstretches his pinky to her.

She looks down at his hand and purses her lips. She interlocks their pinkies and points at him, "fine, only a few hours."

"A few hours at most. I already promised." Joel smiles at his grumpy daughter, "Tommy's at the stables, I'll see you there?"

"Sure, just... let me get dressed and tell Lila." She replies with a yawn, "meet you there old man." Paige closes the door and trudges back to the bedroom.

Lila was already sprawled out across her side of the bed by time Paige had managed to pull on her jeans and her winter jacket. The blonde shook the woman's shoulder, causing the brunette to groan and turn away from her.

Paige shook her shoulder again and one of Lila's dark eyes opened, "what?" She grumbled, digging her face back into her pillow.

"I've been called out for patrol, I just wanted to say bye." Paige whispered, running a finger through Lila's brown hair.

"I thought you had a day off." Lila says, moving her face away from the pillow and laying on her side, cupping Paige's face.

The blonde melts into her hold and kisses her palm, "I know, I know. But dad said there were sightings, I can't just sit that out."