Parenthood pt2

Victor

Victor was working later than usual, it was already 9pm and there was still no sign of him getting home. Because of this, I was laying in bed alone. Well, not really. I was accompanied by our unborn child and our little Bonnie was laying behind me. She was stretched out behind me, her foot on my back so every time she moved she would kick me accidentally. It didn't help that the child inside of me was having a civil unrest and kicking against me.

I feel a warm hand on my cheek and snap my eyes open.

"Victor, I didn't here you come in" i say, relaxing.

"I was being quiet, I though atleast one of you would be asleep by now" he gaze falls on Bonnie.

"Huh, she's out like a light. How does she even sleep like that? She really is your child" he said sarcastically. I'Im about to reply when I receive a sharp kick to the back. I scrunch my face in discomfort and apparently it's noticeable.

"You okay?" Victor asks, slipping into bed next to me.

"I'm being kicked from the front and from the back" I say, letting out a little laugh.

"Does it hurt?" He has concern in his eyes and he holds me gently.

"No, I'm okay. It's just a bit uncomfortable" I snuggle closer to him.

"I can't believe its been seven months already" Victor says, his voice a low groan from sleep.

"I know, I'm so happy to have a family with you" I happily mumble.

"Me too love, me too"

Lucien

Alexis and I were putting the finishing touches in our blanket fort when we hear the car pull into the driveway. Not a minute later Lucien and Theo walked through the door carrying a bag of food and a tfay of drinks. They brought them into the living room as I went to get napkins.

When I returned, Alexis was showing the boys around the fort, despite it not being too big.

"And if you're mean, I'll kick you out!" She said, pointing a finger at her dad.

"I won't be mean, I promise" Luciem says, putting a hand on his heart.

I started to open the packages of food and the kids instantly ran to me.

"Who had a dippy dog? I ask, holding up the food. (A dippy dog is a corn dog for those of you who don't know).

"Me, me!" Theo said, making crabby hands towards the food. I hand it to him with a napkin and one if the small lemonaides.

"Mumma, where's my nuggets?" Alexis says, leaning over the bag next to me.

"Over here" Lucien says, handing them to her.

"And here is yours" he says, handing me my food.

"Thank you" I say, leaning over to kiss him.

"And thank you for going with dad" I say, kissing Theos forehead.

"And thank you for making us a fort" I lean over to kiss the little girls head.

"You're welcome mummy!" She says, happily eating her nuggets.

"Now what movie are we watching" I ask, getting up.

"Can we watch wall-E" Theo asks. I nod and put it in, pressing play after it's loaded. I turn around and she Alexis has smeared sauce all over her chin.

"Ally come here" I say grabbing a napkin and leaning down to reach her. I wipe the sauce off of her face as clean as I can get it before tossing the napkin in the fireplace.