Picture Perfect

Victor

Here I was  sitting in souvenir with Victor.  We had finished our meal a while ago and were just sitting and talking. Victor glances at the clock.

"It's getting late, you should head gome. Domt worrg about paying off tbe meal" he says, his vlice seemingly deeper than usual.

"I can't just leave with out helping"  I argue. He shakes his head and ushers me to the door.

"You're fine, forget it okay. Now, go home" I pout.

"Fine! Atleast let me pay you then" I pull out my wallet and open it. I grab a $20 note and push it into his hand. He doesn't regect it, so I look up at him. Victor is way to stubborn to guve up that easily.

My gaze meets his face and I notice him looking down at my purse.

"What?" I ask, flicking my eyes between him and the purse.

"You have a photo of me in your purse" he says, finally meeting my eyes. I nod. He wraps his arms around me.

"Give me 5 minutes I'll drive you home" he pulls away from me, taking the dishes to the kitchen.

I feel something in my pocket and reach for it. It's the $20 note. Smooth Victor, smooth.

The photo:

Lucien

"Lucien, have you seen my phone? I haven't seen it since yesterday" I scurried around the room, searching under pillows, in draws and beneath the chairs.

"Do you want me to call it for you?" He asks, lifting his eyes from the newspaper.

"Yes please" he pulls out his phone and moments later I hear the muffled ring tone from under the couch pillows. I walk over to it and pull the cushion out. Lucien reaches over and grabs my phone, chuckling.

"What is this?"

"My phone"

"No, behind the phone"

"The case"

"No behind the case"

"The phone" Lucien rolls his eyes, takes off the case and holds up the little slip of paper.

"What is this?" He asks once more.

"A picture"

"Of me?" I nod, he grins.

"That's awfully cute of you"

The photo:

Gavin

"Ahem, you were supposed to come home an hour ago missy." Gavin says from the door of my office. I spin around to look at him, puzzled. He points to the clock.

7:04

"Shoot, im sorry!" I say jumping up and slamming my laptop shut. He chuckles.

"It's fine, let's go" he holds his hand out for my bag. I hand it to him, pushing my chair into the desk at the same time. It hit the wood hard, shaking the desk and knocking over a picture frame. I pick it back up and turn to leave when Gavin sits my bag down and gently puts me against the wall.

"You have a picture of me?" He asks moving his face close to mine. I nod and lean up to connect our lips. He smiles kissing back.

"I'm honored"

The photo:

Kiro

"Baby! Baby! Baby! Baby!" Kiro exclaims running into the room.

"Yeah?" I ask, admiring him as he comes closer.

"Look!" He turns my phone around showing me my lockscreen.

"What?" I asks, my eyes returning to his face to see he's absolutely glowing with happiness.

"It's me!" I smile at him.

"It is" he runs over to me, picking me up and spinning me around.

"I love you baby" I giggle.

"I love you too"

The photo:

Shaw

On a recent trip to the antique store, I had found an old camera that still contained an almost empty roll of film. I had taken the camera to Shaw who made a deal. I could take away photos of him as I liked, so long as I spent the day doing whatever he wanted. I agreed and we spent the day roaming around town, with no set intentions. On the way home we dropped the film off at the camera store to be printed and were told it would be ready in two weeks time.

It was only a week and a half later when I got a phone call telling me they were ready. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to go through them, so they sat on my dining table for the next few days.

Currently, I was getting ready to go out with Shaw again, he had a show and wanted me to be there for it. I walked out of the bedroom to see Shaw looming over the now opened photo envelope. I snuck up behind him and peeked at them over his shoulder.

"You know, there aren't many photos out there of me genuinely smiling, consider yourself lucky" he said passing me one of the photos and heading to the door.

The photo:

Nakotamelo on instagram