Chapter 3

I was 4th period, finally the period before lunch. I usually sat at the second to front row on the far right side of the classroom, bored out of my mind. My head was resting on my hand as I tried to follow on the textbook what the teacher was reading but I kept on drifting off, too bored to focus.

"God I fucking hate history!" This kid yelled in the middle of class while the room was silent.

Everyone in the class looked back to see who it was. It was Clay, he really didn't give a shit about school. Some kids laughed, that including me, as we all silently agreed with him. This teacher looks like he's gonna have a stroke any minute, god I hate old people. His monotone voice and boring ass teaching made everyone want to fall asleep.

Eventually the bell rung and everyone rushed to get out of that horrendous place. The halls quickly flooded with students, with kids shoving each other to get to lunch faster. Lunch was finally here, I haven't eaten anything all day because I decided that 10 extra minutes of sleep is better than an actual healthy breakfast. Do I regret it, yes, am I gonna do it again tomorrow, yes.

At lunch I usually sat with my "friend group" at a table, the group consisted of Victoria, Aubrey, Claire, and Milo. The lunch tables were pretty cheap so all of them wiggled and if someone put too much pressure onto it the tables would collapse. The tables often had stains on them, sometimes random sharpie marks or stains from spills and food. We all ate our lunches, casually taking about something stupid like, shoplifting and capitalism.

"First thing i'm stealing is a Scooby Doo movie soundtrack."

"Y/N, What is up with you and Scooby doo bitch." Claire judged me as she took a bite of her dinosaur chicken nuggets.

"It's good and i'm passionate about it bitch." I took a bite of my lunch laughing.

"I would steal from Walmart, but my anxiety really can't take that." Claire added.

"WORD!" Victoria ironically screamed as she slammed her fists onto the table.

Milo started throwing Ritz crackers at her while Aubrey was having an asthma attack in the back while popcorn in a ziplock bag which looked like it was about to spill out onto the floor if she kept on laughing like that.

Suddenly we heard this scream across the cafeteria, turns out the dude screaming was George, Clay chased him around the cafeteria holding a what seemed like some photo from a hentai. I watched as they ran around the large cafeteria, again, with George screaming at the top of his lungs.

"CLAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY STOP IT!"

"Oh GEEEOORRGGGEEE."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH" 

"Oh fuck that's loud!" Nick broke down laughing, practically in tears, at their table while watching George and Clay run around and listening to George's ear piercing screams of terror.

After lunch I walked back to the lockers to get my Calculus textbook and started heading to class. All of a sudden a feel someone zipping up my backpack. I awkwardly stood still, waiting for them to finish zipping it up. I could hear him breathing, my heart raced.

"Your backpack was unzipped haha." George giggled as he finished zipping up my backpack.

"Oh, thanks." I tried to hold back my embarrassment giggling.

"Yeah, no problem." George patted backpack, smiled, and walked to his class with Nick and Clay who joined him shortly after he left.

"Dude who was that?" Clay bonked George by the head then turned his head behind him to look at y/n walking to her class and looked back at George.

"No one." George kept walking, rubbing his head in the place where Clay smacked him.

"Oooooo, he's trying to keep it a secret." Nick taunted George snickering.

"Shut up dude." George laughed, shoving Nick's shoulder.

"Who is it tho?" Nick picked up his speed, he started walking backwards in front of George.

"Just this girl I met in class." George nervously spat out.

"George said 'just a girl', I see what you're doing there." Clay smirked as Nick laughed.

"Shut up!" George giggled as he shoved Clay.

"Sorry," Nick accidentally walked into some random student.

Instead of a reply the student just gave him a bitchy face, judging him, and walked away.

"What's wrong with her." Nick started walking beside George.

George and Clay laughed at Nick's embarrassment, "What a fucking loser."