Chapter 18

It was second to last day of school just ended, I waited at the front of the school to find George.

I checked my phone, "3:18," I mumbled.

I looked to the parking lot, his car sat there, empty. God where is he?

I saw Nick walking out of the school and sitting on a bench, "Oh, hey!" I walked up to Nick, "Nick!"

"Hey, y/n," Nick looked over at me.

"You know where George is?" I sat down next to Nick.

"Uh, no...I thought he would be with you." Nick itched his head.

I awkwardly glanced around as we both sat in an awkward silence.

"Uh...so...do you know where Claire is?" Nick turned to me.

"No haha....sorry." I looked to him then back at the ground.

"You guys are close friends right?" Nick nervously spat out.

I itched my nape, "Uh well w-"

"Well I was wondering if you could lik-"

"We're not close...anymore." I interrupted Nick.

"Oh..." Nick looked down embarrassed, "...sorry."

"No it's fine," I awkwardly itched my nose. "...uh...you have a crush on Claire right?" I tried to make a conversation but I really could've chosen a better topic.

"Oh..uh..." Nick freezed, "H-how'd you know?" Nick's voice cracked.

"Oh sorry...yeah..." I felt pretty bad for mentioning that, "George told me," I nervously laughed.

God how are we so fucking awkward, I want this conversation to end already. Where the fuck is George!

"So...uh...w-why aren't you friends with Claire anymore...." Nick stuttered, "You don't have to answer that....haha." He awkwardly let out a giggle.

"We had...uh...differences...you could say." I nervously bit the inside of my right cheek. We sat there awkwardly, ".....who are you waiting for?"

"My sister.....she's taking a long time." Nick looked around to try to scope her out again. He gave up on trying to find her and we both sat in awkward silence again. "So....uhh..." Nick tried to make a conversation again, "You're dating George now."

"Yeah," I looked down, the conversation quickly died once again.

Ever since he got his car he's been driving me back home everyday, where the fuck is he? After about 5 minutes of us just sitting there Nick went home with his sister. I still sat there, waiting for George.

I tapped my foot on the concrete and checked the time again, it was now 3:31 pm, "You know what I should just go," I gave up and just walked home myself like I used to.

When I got home I got a call. I checked my phone to see who was calling me as I unlocked my front door.

"Hello?" I threw my backpack on the couch.

"Y/n, uh...sorry I didn't drive you home I was uh...busy...." George spoke through my phone.

"Yeah, it's fine, I just walked home." I smiled as I walked into my room.

"Well, okay," George frowned, feeling bad, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye bye!" George hung up the phone.

I plopped my body onto my bed, laying on my back.