Chapter 5

When we arrived at the park we walked over to the table we sat at last time we were here. The sky was gray and cloudy and the trees were starting to grow more of their leaves back from the winter.

We sat in the table and started peacefully studying. My legs dangled a bit above the ground as I shuffled through my pages.

"Uh, what'd you get for the English paper?" George looked over at me from across the table from his textbook. It's been an hour or two into studying and doing homework so far.

"47," I laughed at my pathetic grade.

"Oh my god." George laughed. "I got a 45"

Now both of us started laughing at our pitiful, pathetic grades.

"Oh my god we suck at this." I laughed in pain and agony with George. "The assignment wasn't even that hard."

"You know what, fuck this!" George stood up from bench.

I looked up at him confused.

"I'm so fucking bored, let's do something fun." He grinned.

"What?" I laughed in confusion.

"Fuck whatever this is." He slapped his English folder off the table.

There was a moment of silence where we both just watched the folder fly off the table into thin air and then crash onto the grass.

"What do you want to do?" I turned my head and looked back at him excitedly. I thought for a couple seconds. "You know what, I always wanted to shoplift." I remembered.

"I used to do that a lot when I was little." George giggled.

"So where do we go?" I stood up with him, eager to do something illegal and act like the rebellious teenager I wish I was.

"Walmart! That place is so easy to steal from." George and I started quickly packing up our stuff.

"The folder," I reminded George.

"The folder!" George ran to grab the folder and messily stuffed it into his backpack.

Suddenly George just started running and grabbed my hand so I started running too. We ran as fast as we could to the nearest Walmart. Having no idea where to go I blindly ran with George. I felt the wind hitting my face and it felt quite nice. I don't know what got into us suddenly, it's not like we were high or something.

Walmart was about a 5 minute walk away from the park and we ran so we got there fairly quickly.

"Oh my god, i'm sweating so hard." I crouched down, hands on my knees trying to catch my breath in the entrance of the store.

George slowed down, also crouching to catch his breath. After catching our breathes we calmly walk into Walmart, our hearts still pumping rapidly from running.

"What do you want to steal." George whispered into my ear casually as we walked through the doors.

"Uhh, I have no idea. What's the plan?" We walked around the store a bit.

"Basically we're gonna stuff something we wanna steal in my backpack and go to the self checkout and actually buy something small and leave." George discreetly explained, keeping his voice low.

"And if we get caught?" I worried.

"We just book it." George laughed.

I randomly pointed at a robotic baby doll. "What the fuck is that." I laughed, going closer to the baby.

George picked it up from the shelf. "It fucking shits itself."

George and I started dying of laughter.

"I'm fucking getting this." I took it out of his hands while laughing my ass off.

We went to the back of the shelves, the part where it was facing the wall and secretly stuffed it into George's backpack.

"Shit." I finished zipping his backpack up and stared at the backpack behind him.

"Is it obvious?" George looked back at me.

"Yeah." I giggled, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Wait!" I took off my hoodie and stuffed it into his backpack, making it less obvious while George stood there, waiting for me to stuff it in.

"Good?" George turned his head.

I zipped up his backpack and backed away to check it. "Yup!" I gave him a thumbs up and smiled.

"Is that all?" George smiled as we started walking to the self checkout.

"I can't think of anything else so I guess so." I grinned.

George grabbed a bag of gummy worms off the shelf nearby while we were walking.

We ducked under the self checkout queue thing because the line was empty and we were too lazy to walk around it.

George scanned the bag of gummy worms and once he paid it I grabbed it off the self checkout machine thing. We casually walked out of the store, George was all chill about it and i'm pretty sure we looked unsuspicious. As "rebellious" as that was, that was the most rebellious thing I ever did besides using illegal movie websites. As soon as we walked off the front of the store's sidewalk I felt relived.

"Dude that was so cool and rebellious. I feel like a teenager from a movie." I chuckled. I realized that it kinda got my adrenaline running.

George laughed. "Oh really?"

We were walking back to the park from our little trip, I was a bit cold since I put my hoodie into his backpack. Goosebumps formed on my arms as the wind hit me, but I didn't really mind.

George noticed I was getting cold. "Oh right," George took off his backpack, he lifted up his right leg and used it to balence his backpack as he got out my hoodie. "Here!" George handed me back my hoodie.

"Thanks." I took the hoodie and put it on, feeling warmer now, as George zipped his backpack back up and put it on.

I looked down at the sidewalk, noticing the cracks in the sidewalk, cars passed by, and the sky was getting darker. It looked like the sun was gonna set in about an hour, but there were still quite a lot of clouds in the sky.

George looked at me and smiled as he noticed that I was observing the sidewalk's cracks.

"What's your dream in life?" I suddenly asked him, looking up at him next to me. We met each other's eyes since George was already looking at me.

George was a bit thrown back by that sudden question, "Uhm....huh." George thought for a bit as the wind blown, looking straight ahead of him. "I don't really know." George turned back at me.

"I don't know either, sometimes I feel like i'm in this world just to die." I casually confessed, I looked at him then ahead.

"Same." George looked at my face and abruptly stopped walking. He noticed  that my hair was getting in my face because of the wind

I paused, noticing he was standing still and looked at him . "Hm?"

George looked me in the eyes and smiled, he pushed my hair back behind my ear. He admired my face for a few seconds and started walking again.

I stood still for a second, stunned from what he just did. As I caught up with him I smiled to myself.